What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sit down Pinball

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
Does anyone else sit on a stool whilst playing Pinball? Just tried it for the first time and managed to get a new high score on WOZ! I had the bar stool on its highest setting which still makes your view a little lower than standing, and you have to move your right knee a little when plunging, but apart from that it felt fine, the new high score goes to prove it. Light nudging was still possible and SDTM were easier to see/prevent as your view is a little lower. I did tw@ my left knee getting on the stool so need a little more practice at that.

Never tried it myself, always thought of pinball as a sport and not a game.

Most sports you need to standup for whereas you sit down to play games.

(I'll need to bring that up later with my wife and her horse riding, after a few drinks)!

I wouldn't mind giving it a bash although I'm very animated when I play so not sure it'd work for me

I tried it the other night on TAF as it was turning into quite a long session. Didn't like it at all. Nowhere to put my knees and the low angle makes it hard to judge shots. I think there's a sweet spot for standing over the table, which is about 2 or 3 inches lower than my natural height :(

Sitting down ??!! Nah ... if I'm not jerking about having minor fits whilst swearing terrets style it's not pinball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No way! I need the rifleman stance to get properly into it!

...why yes, I do know what a slide nudge is, what gave you that impression...

Seems like it isn't for everyone but it's working for me. Tried it on Metallica last night and got to a 2nd Crank It Up mode for the first time.

I've had some great games sat down on a bar stool it gives a completely different view to the game and makes some shots easier to hit.
Give it a try its well worth a go.
One thing you will need is a pin gulp to put your beer.

That's where you went wrong showing how it's made, you should of just shown the end result, then sold an information sheets on how to build them! :tut:
Bugger, I missed a trick there! Luckily this thread has inspired my next creation...
"Bar Stool Braces" an adapted set of braces that keep a light barstool attached to your bottom so you don't need to carry it around but it's there every time you need to sit down! Perfect for a pinball convention....:tut::cuckoo:

Get it up and running for next year and we'll get you a stand at Play Glasgow 2018. We can work out costs later.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom