What's new

Sharpie users advise

Friz

Registered
Hey guys,

Looks like my pin has been tarted up in places with sharpies, I could even tell when I got it but after afew months of light, its made them go faded and streaky showing the overlapping from the pen.

Is there anyway to remove this without damaging the screen printed side art and is there anything better that can be used other than paint, it looked spot on with sharpies but if the slightest bit of light is going to break it down, its not worth redoing.

Cheers chaps.

i once used some iso to clean something that had been touched up with a black sharpie - the alcohol did a nice chromatography job on the ink, which proceeded to run purple, permanently staining some nearby white rubber (this was the rubber football on a WCS94). i had to chuck it and get a new one.

so if you choose to use a solvent, i recommend first putting masking tape around it in case you do what i did.

Sharpie will wipe off with isopropyl alcohol no problems :)

edit : I've not had the same problem as Dan above, but might as well follow his advise to be safe :)

One old trick I use is to draw over it using a whiteboard marker, then wipe it off with a cloth. Believe it or not it takes the Sharpie ink off as well.

Test in an inconspicuous area first etc.

Back
Top Bottom