What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaker Motor Cointaker or Stern

Stern stern stern - phone Phil - too many tales of doom on shaker motors I wouldn't risk anything else but stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
My GB Camefrom Phil, and has the Cointaker Shaker in.... Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons :D

Cointaker shaker is supposed to be 20% more powerful. Dunno if you would need more shake!. Does it connect to CN2, the node board at the front left of cabinet?

Cheers
Kenny

My GB Camefrom Phil, and has the Cointaker Shaker in.... Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons :D
My MET's shaker came from PH too, and that came with an aftermarket board.

This is what I received:
image1.JPG

This is what I was expecting (from my TWD):
image2.JPG

I contacted PH support and Phil assured me it would work fine, and it has so far. I would've preferred to make use of the J3 ground connection if it's designed with that in mind though.

Cointaker shaker is supposed to be 20% more powerful. Dunno if you would need more shake!. Does it connect to CN2, the node board at the front left of cabinet?

Cheers
Kenny
Mine was supplied by Phil, a coin taker, and is connected to CN16 on the node board at the front of the cab, as shown in this video...

Hmm my one from phil is a stern one I'm pretty sure - My only point here is seeing quite a few folks on pinside with burned out machines. But if the cointaker ones are working then cool.

Yeah the point is you have to have a spike shaker motor, not a SAM shaker.

Pretty sure the shakers Phil Dixon aka @Sven Normansson makes/sells are spike compatible ( can you confirm Phil? )

Hmm my one from phil is a stern one I'm pretty sure - My only point here is seeing quite a few folks on pinside with burned out machines. But if the cointaker ones are working then cool.

Coin taker shaker motor are **** they don't shake just vibrate the machine to bits
If you are thinking of fitting a non gen shaker to a spike game I would pre order a cab node board as I have now seen 3 destroyed big time due non gen ones

Coin taker shaker motor are **** they don't shake just vibrate the machine to bits
If you are thinking of fitting a non gen shaker to a spike game I would pre order a cab node board as I have now seen 3 destroyed big time due non gen ones

My point is Chris, that this is how it came from Phil... so if this thing is destroying node boards, shouldnt it be replaced (concerning as bearing in mind i'm not the original owner of the machine...)...

Yeah the point is you have to have a spike shaker motor, not a SAM shaker.

Pretty sure the shakers Phil Dixon aka @Sven Normansson makes/sells are spike compatible ( can you confirm Phil? )
Any of mine are spike compatible the thing to look fpr is a capacitor across the motor terminals. If it has this then don't connect to a spike system. Mine have a 2.5a max with 0.5 startup that wont blow the board. I dont know what the current useage is like on the cointaker one.

Back
Top Bottom