What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow switch 51 problems

Isaac

Registered
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi everyone quick question? The error message switch 51 has come up and I have checked all wires to see if they have snapped and that's all fine. Not sure if it's a magnet problem or what? The video below shows problem and test report, would love some ideas and help,
Thanks

Do the basic tests first. Run the solenoid tests. Does the target drop? Does it reset? Does the magnet pulse? Remember to press in the voltage safety switch inside the door.
Switch test. Does the opto register being blocked ? Does the drop target down switch correctly report both up and down target position? Once you've established which bits are and aren't working then we can help advise where to look to repair.

Do the basic tests first. Run the solenoid tests. Does the target drop? Does it reset? Does the magnet pulse? Remember to press in the voltage safety switch inside the door.
Switch test. Does the opto register being blocked ? Does the drop target down switch correctly report both up and down target position? Once you've established which bits are and aren't working then we can help advise where to look to repair.
It's my first pin so a bit new to this, in the solenoid test it runs through everything and tells me it's running?

Run the solenoid tests and switch tests separately. You'll have more control over what's happening.

Either the drop target is physically jammed and cannot slide when released or the release pin is broken. The pin is a two piece construction and the two may have parted ways. You'll have to disassemble to find out.
The drop target is pushed up by the big solenoid and locked into place by the pin. The target down coil pulls that pin back and the target drops due to the attached Spring.

image.jpg
Either the drop target is physically jammed and cannot slide when released or the release pin is broken. The pin is a two piece construction and the two may have parted ways. You'll have to disassemble to find out.
The drop target is pushed up by the big solenoid and locked into place by the pin. The target down coil pulls that pin back and the target drops due to the attached Spring.
To dissemble it do the 4 bolts at the back need removing?

It's easiest to take the whole assembly off the playfield and take it apart on a table.

You may then be able to operate each piece with your hands to see what's occurring.

Two shadows within few miles. I have one in Etwall. Hurrah. Do you get any other faults on startup? If you do you might want to book Andy to come and fix it all for you. That's what i do.

Two shadows within few miles. I have one in Etwall. Hurrah. Do you get any other faults on startup? If you do you might want to book Andy to come and fix it all for you. That's what i do.
No, no other faults I'll try to disassemble it tomorrow, if it's by taking it apart underneath the play field to see if there are any broken parts which @ronsplooter suggests and then hopefully work it out :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom