What's new

Servicing / repair contacts near Derbyshire?

Craig Elder

Registered
Hey folks.
Just about to buy my first pin today, I hope. A RFM. Only thing that puts me off is, looking through the manual, it looks like a complex bugger, and as I have zero repair skills, nor desire to learn any, I wondered if anyone knows any servicing / repair guys not a million miles from Chesterfield? The one I'm buying is mint I'm told but I can break anything! I saw the sticky about the legendary Martin, but he's London I believe and that's a long drive for the chap if I break it!
Thanks all.

If it's not broken no need to worry about fixing it. RFM has an exceptionally detailed diagnostics in any case. Good luck with the purchase! I have an RFM if you have any questions. (Martin is a yorkshireman btw)

So many Martins! A whole flock.
OK, bearing in mind my 'noob' status, the 2 Martins I've heard about (and not spoken to at all) are the one that moves 'em and one that fixes 'em, and for all I know, they could be the same guy! Wonder what the collective names is? A menage of Martins? A mess of Martins? :)

I live in derby and use Andy N at pinball mania. You could always ask him if he would consider visiting Chesterfield. He lives near the M1/M6/A14 interchange so a fair distance south.
In general I wait until I have several faults I can't fix on several games before calling him. That way i feel his trip up to derby is worth it.

I live in derby and use Andy N at pinball mania. You could always ask him if he would consider visiting Chesterfield. He lives near the M1/M6/A14 interchange so a fair distance south.
In general I wait until I have several faults I can't fix on several games before calling him. That way i feel his trip up to derby is worth it.
Bookmarked, nice one, thanks

@myPinballs is only in Leeds, RFM is one of his specialtys

Thanks for the shout out :) Yes i've kind of dedicated a good portion of my life to rfm games - repairing pinball 2000 driver boards, repairing old computer systems and creating new computer systems for plug in and go when the old ones are too far gone, creating a quality rgb saucer mod, creating lcd mounting kits, creating lcd sync convertors for easier use with arcade convertor cards.

Love the game and will continue to support them for the foreseeable :)

Jim

Back
Top Bottom