What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Rural Living Advice. Please 🙏

Wow!! Super impressive.
How are you controlling the temperature in there?
Was going to fit a/c but didn’t need to for my needs, just a small fan heater for colder months and a dehumidifier that is on 24/7.
Stays cool in there in the summer and don’t have them on long enough to heat the room up too much, just leave the door open if a bit warm.

But the summers are not as warm this way, a lot cooler than say London on average.

You can’t go wrong if you fit a split unit a/c unit as cheaper to run than a fan heater plus has cooling and dehumidification.

So now we’ve had time to reflect on our impulse buy, it looks like the pins will be going in the garage. But what I didn’t mention is the garage is a timber framed garage.
The current owner assures me he has never had any issues with items rusting due to damp conditions, but I’m very wary of putting some expensive toys in there without due dilihence.

Would anyone know what temperatures and levels of humidity would become harmful to the pins?
Current pins are modern Sterns.

Is it possible to insulate the timber framed garage easily? If the conditions without doing this are prohibitive.
Would be looking at using the space to the rear of the garage.
Photos below of the garage.
Wow...

Vodafone (best in the area), are ÂŁ30 for unlimited. So cheaper than my current BT broadband by a chunk!
Obviously not as fast, but not restricted when you have the Max plan at ÂŁ30

I believe EE/BT is ÂŁ50 for unlimited
It's worth phoning BT for prices. When we had high speed installed a few years ago, the only option was ÂŁ75 for unlimited (rural, so it took forever to arrive here). That went up to ÂŁ84 a couple of months ago, so I checked my BT account and the only 'offer' they had was even more than that. But BT.com/comparison sites were offering much better deals. So I phoned them, and ended up with a ÂŁ35 contract.

I think my previous contract was unlimited at 150 Mb/s, but in reality it was never above 100. They were trying to sell me a ÂŁ50 contract for guaranteed 150Mb/s again, so I just downgraded the contract to 100 Mb/s, but ended up with the exact same performance I had previously. If Vodafone have their own infrastructure I guess that would be fine too - but I've had nothing but problems dealing with resellers whenever I've had performance problems previously though (just absolute confusion between them and BT/Openreach or whoever actually physically deals with technical issues), so have stuck to BT since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom