What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeing pinball references everywhere

Gary Neville mentioned pinball during the Manchester derby today, does that count as a reference? :)

Driving to the Northern League meet yesterday & realised how much like a pinball display the motorway matrix signs are...even the same colour :)

Regards,
Dan.

Yup dot matrix displays have a lot of practical uses outside Pinball, they use them on the station where I live. Funnily enough you often hear Pinball noises as well, the trope I always recognize is in cartoons where a character is bouncing around repeatedly off things (often in stuff like Looney Tunes) and you get the old 'ding ding ding!' of a chime coil. I was actually watching something that was recent (like maybe 2 years old) where they did that and was wondering where the hell anybody nowadays apart from people like us would understand the reference, let alone kids.

Back
Top Bottom