What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish repair for a Bally Spectrum

Creative Electric

Registered
Looking for recommendations of someone based in Scotland who could refurb a Bally Spectrum.
Its been in storage for 3-4 years and is missing keys and some screws.
Lights and sounds not working, I suspect this is just a fuse but would like it checked over.
The inside has warped slightly and so the ball is stuck.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Happy to consider UK wide if need be.

Cheers

If you cant find anyone local im based in essex and would be happy to refurb it for you, I love a bit of cheeky Spectrum!

I would suggest Mark Squires

What do you mean 'the inside has warped' ? Can you post photos etc?

Repairing this era machine can swallow up money, if you consider a courier is going to charge you £100 each way at least to transport the game - then the price of a proper refurbishment....

Did you take the battery out before you put it in storage? If you have battery leak this can be expensive as it leaks over the CPU board.

You may end up paying more than what the machine is worth to get it refurbed.....

What kind of level do you want the refurbishment to go - or are you looking at a repair ?

Reactions: DRD
by warped do you mean the inserts have dropped slightly?,that can be a pain in the ar$e to fix if they are under mylar

Hi @Creative Electric

Could you post some high res images of your game pls. Playfield damage (photo with glass removed) state of backglass (photo or reverse side). Some wear/ damage to pinball machines dramatically reduces the machine's potential value.

Spectrum is an old favourite of mine, but one must recognise that it is not a sought after game. You have to be careful how much you spend on titles like this, as you can sink more than the game is actually worth at the end of it.

Some games only really justify a spit and polish job - fix what is broken, clean and tidy up a bit. Others offer a good foundation for a complete restoration.

Back
Top Bottom