What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scorbit

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Yes you can move it between games.

I’ve ordered all the scorbits for my games at domino arcade that they support - at the moment they don’t support CGC or JJP although CGC support is soon.

The install on a spike 2 machine is a breeze and on others it’s simple a DMD probe that sits between the CPU and DMD.

The cool thing with TNA is that if I stream it I don’t need to capture the scoreboards with a a camera as even though I have the main screen directly captured it never displays the scores :)

If you think about this as machine by machine it’s not huge but the initial outlay is a lot if you have a lot of games. I did a short review:

Just waiting for the rest of the kits to arrive now.

The community aspects of this are going to be awesome and eventually I’ll get it for my games at FlipOut.

Stern seems to be onboard with it and I hope the other manufacturers also support it as scorbit have done the hard work of supporting legacy machines which none of the other manufacturers would never do (even on their own legacy games!)

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, shame about the subscription service. I'm sure they intended that to be a moneymaker for themselves while allowing people to forget about the hassles of networking, web hosting etc. but all that comes at a premium that I personally couldn't stomach.

Then again, why am I posting - I'm not even close to either of the target audiences.

So...uh... genuinely cool that they're claiming to support back to early SS. I'd be bloody impressed if they could add EMs to that, though - I'd have thought a cheap-ass webcam would do it with the right amount of coding . Not a hard task by itself to recognise numbers on an image (and game over bulbs etc) but to include it all together would be sweet. Then it would be the 100% package (well, let's just assume that JJ happens as a matter of course, too)

Doing an EM would be easy just need to stick a sensor and a pickup on the reels - I suspect the issue is the size of the market.

At INDISC all the games were supported. Old SS games from Bally, stern, Williams. All the DMD games and stern spike 2 games.

They had Dialed in also running so clearly they are working on JJP games.

Doing an EM would be easy just need to stick a sensor and a pickup on the reels - I suspect the issue is the size of the market.

At INDISC all the games were supported. Old SS games from Bally, stern, Williams. All the DMD games and stern spike 2 games.

They had Dialed in also running so clearly they are working on JJP games.

Hmm, raises a question for me - is 'early SS' actually 'no earlier than Gilligan's Island' or, what are they doing for alphanumeric SS's? Camera recognition like I've imagined would work for EMs non-invasively, or are they going to hook up to the plasma/LED units and do basically the same thing as the DMD parsing?

Fun topic to think about, actually. Typical programmer.

it’s signal parsing. Early SS goes back to my stern meteor - an 1980s game.

They support BoP so they’ve solved the alphanumeric issue.

@Neil McRae - How are you getting your leaderboards on your tv screens in Domono Arcaade please? Ive got a spare non-smart TV here. I thought I could connect it to the internet via apple tv - but no joy - as their is no web browser in apple tv (iyou never relise things aren't there until you need them). I suppose I could just buy a new smart TV? Do all smart TV's allow you to browse the internet, or do I need to be careful which model I choose?

Also - with a smart tv, can you set it to always start up in web browsing mode and choose a home page? That would do nicely if you can.

Alan

@Neil McRae - How are you getting your leaderboards on your tv screens in Domono Arcaade please? Ive got a spare non-smart TV here. I thought I could connect it to the internet via apple tv - but no joy - as their is no web browser in apple tv (iyou never relise things aren't there until you need them). I suppose I could just buy a new smart TV? Do all smart TV's allow you to browse the internet, or do I need to be careful which model I choose?

Also - with a smart tv, can you set it to always start up in web browsing mode and choose a home page? That would do nicely if you can.

Alan
Most TV's do not let you start them in a particular mode however they do generally support CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) which lets you configure via HDMI, we use these to add CEC control to PC's https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter as arv mentions Pi's are good too and the adapter works with them if i am not mistaken

Firesticks are abit locked down and you can't make them autoboot into a web browser.

Firesticks are abit locked down and you can't make them autoboot into a web browser.
Ah I see. Wanting to switch Pi on, which auto boots into web browser and automatically switches TV on.
As you say, the ideal device

No idea about a raspberry pi-zero - what do I need to buy please and would I need to code it, or is it all there and just needs to be configured? As I say, clueless on Pi. I can eat pies though?

You will need SD card and PSU if there is no usb on the TV .

Would like to do this too, any chance of the final shopping list please?

So I already use Digital Signage so I'm using that and adding Scorbit to it so I can mix it easily with other information (like logo's tournament info etc).

But the Scorbit team are working on an Android TV App for Scorbitvision and adding some other features (like your own logo) which will be the route I go down when its available.

An alternative is to use something like a minisforum NUC type PC also.

So my Pi zero W - turned up today - has an 16GB pro loaded SD card, PSU and connectors and case. Plugged it all in and zilch. Nada, it does nothing. SD card looks like its duff.
Did you switch it off and on again?? ;)

(Seriously tho - thats a bummer!! Ive had numerous Pis' (Especially with the Clocks being based on them!) and they've all been 100% straight out the box

it’s deffo fooked. the sd card gets too hot to touch after about 60s of power. deffo not right tried all sorts to resuss the sd card but it’s a doa, hoping it’s just the card and not the PI

rs components. how the fook do you return something. minefield: you need to log into your account, i don’t have one??? grrrrr

Back
Top Bottom