What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared Stiff Slingshot Question

DRD

Registered
It looks like the uppermost and lowermost bolts that hold the scared stiff slingshots in place are designed to have spacers that lift the slingshot covers away from playfield so that they do not interfere with the slingshot switches

Can someone please tell me what spacers are used please, as mine did not come with any.

Thanks

image.jpg

After a wee bit of googling just looks like there are 2 metal washers on the top and bottom posts. Also your rubber is not on the actual post mounting, not sure if that's intentional or not when you snapped the photo.

www.pinrepair.com_ss_boogie10.jpg

freeplayamusements.com_boogie123.jpg

Reactions: DRD
Thanks guys. I Bought this as a worker a few months ago. I just pulled the mylar, gave it a clean with pledge. The slingshots were always a bit crap.

I have new decals for it and a replacement spared stiff cab and head; but have been putting the job off. Have bought a load of game specific parts, skull pile leds, boogie men, speaker upgrade etc. will probably have a go soon, so am finalising my parts list so that i can minimise the time that the game is in bits.

I think i might shop this in sections like my fish tales, as opposed to a full stripdown (like my funhouse) AN operator I met told me that he used to shop his games in sections overnight to minimise their downtime. And now i have discovered, courtesy of @chrisb, the foam cleaner - I reckon it is worth a go on a mid-dirt game

It means that you do not need to take so many photos, less time bagging stuff up, less time writing down what went where as it is all fresh in your memory. But you really need all the parts ready to go, and i found it helpful having new star posts, nylock nuts etc at the ready so i did not need to tumble, wash, dry etc etc

My mylar came off really well. It did not put up a fight, but left a godawful mess behind though

I think that spot mylars were factory installed in high wear areas, there was then a playfield Mylar over the top of these. And then a third layer in place in a few spots!

I removed layers 2 and 3, leaving the spot factor mylars in place as these were not bubbling and looked very well adhered to the playfield

I wonder if there are different types

I removed a full pf Mylar of TAF really easily, although it left a ton of glue behind

I did the same with SS and it was stuck fast to every insert and was a right bastard to get off. Left hardly any glue behind though

I wonder if there are different types

I removed a full pf Mylar of TAF really easily, although it left a ton of glue behind

I did the same with SS and it was stuck fast to every insert and was a right bastard to get off. Left hardly any glue behind though

Generally two things - environment and factory vs retrofit

Back
Top Bottom