What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared Stiff Airball fixed!

Spadge

Registered
Just following on from the thread a while back about Scared Stiff generating air-balls off the Bat Ramp if they are new/replaced.

Well as usual it's that man Chris B with his suggestion of trying a slightly weaker coil on the left flipper and it works a treat (Part FL-15411 orange flipper coil).

Since I was moving it on I finally got around to it and very happy with how it plays as a result of the lack of occasional airball into the lab.

Cheers Chris.

Last edited:
Just tried this, still getting air balls off the bat ramp! The ball seems to ride up the curve then pop over the edge rather than launch from the top of the ramp.
I’ve got playfield at 7.5 degrees, any other suggestions would be appreciated - currently looking into a protector for the top of the ramp but a bit reluctant to go down that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9b314293d5da637a7ad24100a9a67853.jpg

Gave in & fitted this, designed by James I believe, made by Colywobbles - works well [emoji106]

I had this on my wcs, turned out the input voltage was set too low so too much voltage going to coils which made flippers too powerful.
Once I set it to 240v all was good.

It’s a common issue with SS from what I can see by ‘googling’. Certainly fixed now though anyway. That said, how would you check the voltage you referred to? - sounds like something that may come in handy someday.

Voltage from the coils, from the 50v supply but should be around 70v. Mine was in the high 90’s!

Back
Top Bottom