What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCAMMER ALERT!!

RichS

Registered
Hi Everyone Admin please excuse If I have this in the wrong section. I want to warn you all about a scammer operation from Hern Bay in Kent going by the name of micgoo5688 ( 0 ) His awful feedback tell it all
This is the basic story....
Hi is advertising several machines on esh1te including a Dr Who and a Hot Line (with the wrong pictures). Various people, me included, bid on them and the Dr Who eventually sold for £1850. I was sniped at the last minute which was fair enough. The other machines I lost out on earlier. All of a sudden, magically the pins are being re-advertised and the DR Who has a start price of £4000. Apparently this conman did not like the prices his machine fetched so just ignored the winning bidders and re-advertised them. Guys, please be careful with this guy, clearly greed is his No1 priority.
Sadly as I suspected, all Pins seem to be on a downward spiral currently even the desirable ones Although some think they will get £10 Grand for an Adams

If this is the same elderly guy I met a few years ago, and successfully purchased a couple of machines from, I would suggest he’s ill rather than’ challenged’. He was in frail health when I met him and when I saw the machines come on eBay recently I recognised the room and the location. Therefore, unless it’s a relative trying to cash in on his collection, (which I doubt), I’d suggest he’s not a scammer, just a confused old man. Furthermore, and before someone starts the usual trolling from their desk, I have no association with the seller, nor am I trying to buy any of the machines, just putting a perspective on what I think is happening here.

^^^^^ I concur, saw he had several duplicate listings on the eBay, 3 where for the Dr Who but with picture of the old EM he had, wouldn’t call his actions scamming, just dishonourable

Agree with the “not a scammer” as he didn’t take money from any buyer. I think more confused than anything. You could tell by mixed up pictures, very poor description and erratic pricing. I think I know someone in the EM community who’s down his way. I’ll ask them to check in with him. As I said he was already struggling when I met him, and that was prob 7+/- years ago. From what I recall he was an ex-operator,hence the mix of machines.

Point taken. Certainly confused on the refurbished description and the workings of eBay but not as confused on the price. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Point taken. Certainly confused on the refurbished description and the workings of eBay but not as confused on the price. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Depends on when you ‘went onboard’ with his adverts. First Doctor Who with ‘photos to follow’ was on at 99p start, presumably that was the advert that didn’t come to fruition? His adverts have changed over the last week or so. I think I saw his ‘real’ Williams Hot Line (ie not the Hi-Score pictured) for something like £2400 which is way over priced, but can’t find that now. As I’ve said, he’s sadly confused by it all.

Well I actually spoke to him when I was bidding and asked him a few questions and he answered them all clearly and quickly. I then asked If I could take a look at them. I was met with a very firm No! I could only look after the Action ended, this tells me he understood the concept of an Auction. He sounded completely compos mentos and this seems to be borne out by the fact he has shafted three people and now has radically upped the starting prices. Sorry but I would be very very suspicious of this guy

Back
Top Bottom