What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales/Trades/Wanted Ads Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Despite the fact i Genuinely believe the new Sales are far superior to what we had before, the traction with the developer is slow, and also restricting. Also, there seems to be a dislike to the new format and the fact it feels "detached" from the main forum.
Finally, there is also an issue where I cannot test any alternatives due to this one being in place.

Therefore from tonight we will be reverting back to the "old" forum way of working until such time (if it ever exists) as a suitable "in line" alternative is found.
Unfortunately, to those that have listed - You will need to relist in the old forums.
Also, it means pricing for the last 3 months will be lost (sorry - there's no way to convert those back).

If i do manage to fine a manageable alternative which keeps things inline (such as, for example, a Templated submission) then i will look to implement this since it ticks the boxes - however until then I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I will open the old forums this morning, therefore giving people time to migrate their posts from the Classifieds to the old Forum... Probably close it on the weekend once people have had chance to do this.

Many apologies to those that have to re-list it again, however unfortunately it is what it is.

Paul

Ok - That should be the "New" classifieds now disabled for new posts (you should still be able to read/reply to those existing), and the original sales forums back up and running again.

Have tried and things seem ok, however if any problems please let me know ASAP and i'll take a look.

(Just a reminder - these are ONLY available for Site Supporters) :)

@Paul, finally got around this morning to using the new classifieds for the first time, sold my last few via my signature. :rolleyes:

I'll sit on the fence and not say which I prefer. If you don't try new things though, there'd be no progress.

The old way is MUCH better.

just seen like 3 listed in few hours tonight :D, glad to see it back :)

Judging by what Chris B said the other day not totally sure that's true chaps.

The new classified section isn't to blame for the drought in machines but I'm not sure it helped either.

Has everyone managed to move their posts over yet from New back to Old?

Just been back through my own content and done a bit of house keeping, on my own for sale/ wanted ads, and although there isn't a "No longer required" or a "delete", I've changed the titles on my listings to "no longer available" which I thought was most appropriate.
Works for me nothing else required Thanks

Just been back through my own content and done a bit of house keeping, on my own for sale/ wanted ads, and although there isn't a "No longer required" or a "delete", I've changed the titles on my listings to "no longer available" which I thought was most appropriate.
Works for me nothing else required Thanks
Thank You :) 👍

Will the 2021 eBay sales thread move back into there with the stickies as well?

I keep going to the 2020 one then scrolling to the end to click on the link to the 2021 - though no doubt there is an easier way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom