What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad News

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Just wanted all my friends to know that my dad passed away early Sunday morning after a long 22 year battle with Parkinson's aged 69.

He was my dad but also my friend and was a true legend static.xx.fbcdn.net_images_emoji.php_v9_f6c_1_16_2764.png❤️ He battled it right to the end and was always the ever optimist. Dad was the one that started my life long love for pinball and the reason why I started my own pinball electronics business. static.xx.fbcdn.net_images_emoji.php_v9_f6c_1_16_2764.png❤️static.xx.fbcdn.net_images_emoji.php_v9_f6c_1_16_2764.png❤️ I got to enjoy all the mid 90s williams games with him on site as they came out. They were some of the best times in my life so far. He was involved in Pinball for many years in the late 80s and 90s before bad health stopped him repairing and restoring games.

Without him buying a Mr & Mrs Pac-Man pinball in 1988 i'd never have experienced the silver ball! Of course, 1 game didn't last long and before long i returned from school one day to find our garage full of operator fresh games for us to tinker with and repair, restore and enjoy. Happy times :) I never looked back after that

My brother and I have created this page to help the fight to advance the reasearch into Parkinson's and learn more about how to treat it.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jonathanaskey

Jim x

Sorry to hear that Jim, your dad sounded like a super cool guy.

Jim I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news. We remember your Dad with affection from first meeting you both at a Leeds show when I bought your Space Invaders & our mate the T2 which you both delivered well into the evening. Our condolences to you & your family. Graham x

Sorry for your loss. My old man passed away in Febuary battled cancer, quad bypass, numberous strokes and heart attacks only to be neglected in hospital.

It gets better with time, but there isn't a day that goes by without him popping into my head.

Sorry Jim - sounds like a cool Dad. Mr & Mrs Pac Man was the first pin I played back in the 80s.

Really sorry to hear your sad news Jim, my thoughts are with you. Make sure you fire up a pin and have a few games whilst reminiscing of the good times spent enjoying them with him.

Sad news, thank you for sharing the memories he sounded like a great Dad

I'm sorry to hear that Jim, losing a parent is tough, at 48 I'm the same age my dad was when he died.
He sounded like a great bloke and pointed you in the right direction of a hobby / business that we all hold dear.

Best wishes.

Sorry for your loss mate :( Your Dad sounds like a top bloke and a fan of Zaccaria games I seem to remember you telling me.

Sorry to hear the news Jim, lost my dad not to long ago. It's very difficult at first but close family and friends help a lot in these times. Stay strong!

Sorry to hear the news Jim. Been there myself... the loss never goes, just gets easier over time.

Cool that he had the pinball bug to pass onto you.

Sorry to hear the news Jim. Very sad, but at the same time it's great to hear you've got such fantastic memories with him.

Back
Top Bottom