What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sacktruck AWOL from Slam :(

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
10 Years
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Guys

My red P Handle sacktruck with my name and phone clearly marked on it seems to have disappeared in someones van from the Slam :( Searched high and low and its gone. Last seen been used at start of the tear down by someone.

Bit annoying as I have 7 machines dumped in the hall/backroom with no way of shifting them further :rolleyes:

Any leads. Cheers.

There was a similar red one at in the back hall near the catering entrance during Saturday but I don't remember seeing it when I left last night.

Def 100% not at Charmandean :(

Hoping its in someones van/car and they haven't looked properly yet. I would expect a phone call to apologise at the least.

Or some thieving b*stard has just taken it :mad:

Oh well ...maybe it'll turn up, maybe it wont. The only minor downer to an awesome Show. Ordering a new one tonight, I cant live without one.

Sadly grizz it does happen I'm sure it happend to someone a few years ago at one of the early. Nlp shows,I think we the committee got them a new one,as we felt it unfair for peeps to help us get robbed and put them off pledging a pin ,just coz a thieving fecker can't keep hands off.

i agree, Ive's new sack truck should come out of the profits before they go to charity. a thieved possession counts as fair expenses.

Can't believe some gonad would steal someone else's truck, I thought we were all friends here?

I agree. I'm hoping it's a genuine mistake, but so far no sign of it.

There is always the slight chance some dodgy passers by swiped it from the carpark if it was left outside, but it was seen being used during the breakdown of games , lots of folk in and out outside the venue....so I'm thinking thats unlikely.

Being a hippy at heart I'm hoping that it's just been slung in the back of a van by mistake. Fingers crossed it turns up.

Talking of trollies the guys dropping the machines off to me today had a fantastic hook type device that allowed them to lift the machines still on the trolly through the doorway. Totally eliminated the normal nightmare of trying to lift the machine up off the ground, although I'm guessing the extra trolly weight added to the machine wasn't much fun

Sounds like a good ending to a great weekend.
Hopefully it has turned up and everything is good.

Great news, good to know you will be reunited.

Sack trucky and Ivan D live together in perfect harmony
Side by side in my garden pin shack, oh lord, why don't we?
We all know that pin shows are the same wherever we go
There is good and bad and donkey kong
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive

Sorry, I've been drinking :rofl:

John - what was this fantastic hook like device like? Any clues? It sounds like it could be the answer to my step-inflicted pinball shifting nightmares.

Kind of like this.... Basically a hook that went under the trolley and then allowed the two of them to life the machine up over the steps and through the door. Not sure if it would fit on my trolly though and the basic model here is an eye watering £250 - gulp. Would make my life far easier though compared to trying to deadlift machines off the ground.

pictures.ese.co.uk_images_Product_medium300_1962.jpg

http://www.esedirect.co.uk/p-1962-a...-handles-for-two-man-use-of-11042-or-gk2.aspx

The extra bit 1053 looks to be only £34.55 and 'may' work with something else. The cheaper sack truck is £242.85 making the total solution £277.40 :eek:.

Thanks John. Anyone tried the stair climbing sack trucks with the three wheels on each side? Do they go down steps too?
Ive, glad you got your truck back. I borrowed it to wheel the Crit 75 that was in the entrance hall down the ramp to the capark and in to a car so it probably has my fingerprints on it, but I guess you wont be doing forensics when you get it back.

Has anyone played with one of those electric stair climbing sack trucks? They are like £1500+ so for professional delivery people only, but they are amazing! You can take something massive like a snack vending machine up stairs on your own with one of them

Back
Top Bottom