What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Adams loves his games so much they go on tour

Ryan Adams is one of those artists like Ed Sherhan. I know the name but have zero idea what they actually sound like (Kayne West is also in that list but I strongly suspect I wouldn't like that one)). Think in his case it was the Ryan/Bryan Adams name confusion. Does he actually rock or is it aimed at middle aged housewives?

Bet his road crew love the extra weight

Pins, the new rock n roll.

Ryan Adams is one of those artists like Ed Sherhan. I know the name but have zero idea what they actually sound like (Kayne West is also in that list but I strongly suspect I wouldn't like that one)). Think in his case it was the Ryan/Bryan Adams name confusion. Does he actually rock or is it aimed at middle aged housewives?

Bet his road crew love the extra weight

Pins, the new rock n roll.

Def not aimed at middle aged housewives. Yeah he rocks.Prolific songwriter. Made his name with alt country/americana legends Whiskeytown, more recently taken on a bit of The Boss stylings. Not sure he is your bag @johnwhitfield but if my description hasn't scared you off check out Whiskeytown 'Strangers Almanac', Ryan Adams 'Gold' ...and the recent one ...whatever its called.

Kayne West is also in that list but I strongly suspect I wouldn't like that one

There's been a warning floating around on Facebook about Kanye. Apparently some loser has been circulating an email with an attachment, and it says that it's Kanye West doing a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. Beware though, when you open it, it's actually Kanye West doing a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ugh, didn't make it past the 2nd track on Spotify. Normally I like the bands you name check Ive. Suspect we've got a pretty large cross over for older bands.

However I am loving his flight case. Looks like it's been designed to have a higher back to get the pitch right for games which is pretty cool:thumbs:

Now Whiskeytown sound more like my cup of tea. Interesting to see how unpopular they are on Spotify compared to Mr Adams.

At the moment getting my country rock fix from the Cadillac Three.

Got caught playing the Flying Burrito Brothers at school on Friday. Basically there is now no pretending to 15 year olds now that I am in any way cool. Their faces were a picture. Probably should have explained what a guitar or song writing was to them.

I**** the kids, ......idiots :rofl:

Quite possibly the worst piece of advice to ever give anyone who works in a school;);););)

As far as music goes kids really do know nothing. Most worrying for me is ALL of them love Chris Brown. Why would any teenage girl fancy a woman beating scumbag?!?:confused:

Meanwhile back at home Gram is on playlist that causes Anna to always roll her eyes and moan about hippies, together with Captain Beefheart, The Sonics, Rocky Erikson, Phil Oochs etc

Quite possibly the worst piece of advice to ever give anyone who works in a school;);););)

As far as music goes kids really do know nothing. Most worrying for me is ALL of them love Chris Brown. Why would any teenage girl fancy a woman beating scumbag?!?:confused:

Meanwhile back at home Gram is on playlist that causes Anna to always roll her eyes and moan about hippies, together with Captain Beefheart, The Sonics, Rocky Erikson, Phil Oochs etc

Oh god don't get me started on Roky :D .......... I will be on here all night posting and raving to all who will listen about the godlike majesty of the Elevators :cool::cool::cool: Soooooooo nearly went to Austin Psych Fest this year just to see them. Why didnt I !?! :cuckoo: <punches self in face>

Why can I not give out multiple likes for that video?

Discovered 60s garage in 1989. Used to love the Damned and then they formed an offshoot as Naz Nomad who I went to see expecting punk songs and got covers of 60s Garage classics instead. Was always gutted that I was slightly too young to go to the Alice in Wonderland trips in the mid 80s.

Then worked in Camden throughout the 90s so was surrounded by older hippies who introduced me to Pebbles, Nuggets etc. Used to work in broom cupboard in Rhythm records which was one of those ultra snooty record shops that would only let you buy music if you could name check obscure B-sides.

Back
Top Bottom