What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rust removing advice wanted

Mfresh

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
So I’ve got a machine which has obviously been in a garage or some thing for a while, and while it works many of the metal parts are rusty:

E26D6AA0-CDC0-4DE5-867A-EF67B1963BC5.jpeg

So what’s the best way to tackle this and get most of the rust off before polishing it? Any suggestions?

Wire brush first - you can get 3 for £1 in a pound shop, put it in a vice and brush it up.

I rub on the the black bottle domestos toilet cleaner that has rust and stain remover advertised on it. Leave for a while then rinse and wire brush.

If you don't polish up and wax or coat straight after it will rust again in days.

I have never tried chemicals.

Wire brush on a drill would be my way. Face mask and eye protection.

Thanks for all the advices. Just blagged a bench grinder with wire brush wheel from a chap round the corner, so will give that a go.

I have never tried chemicals.

Wire brush on a drill would be my way. Face mask and eye protection.

Just don’t make the mistake I did using them in w dremel on to high a rpm which resulted in firing thousands of the metal strands from the brush all over my room. Only just stopped pulling them out my feet

Back
Top Bottom