What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough MB on ebay... Any tips??

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Evening all, I have just purchased that rough MB on ebay (probably paid too much

but there again it's worth what someone will pay so maybe not), does anyone know the cheapest place to get a BN PF?, I know that they are available in the US etc and are reasonably priced, there is just the issue of import tax - vat, can anyone point me in the right direction, can anyone suggest an alternative source? anyone have one for grabs?

Does anyone have a set of decals for grabs or a set I could scan and reproduce

for my own machine (will see you right of course), I have a friend who will run

me off a perfect reproduction providing I can supply a good scan or maybe he

scans, will have to check.

If not where is the cheapest place to source a set?

Any info, advice is appreciated.

Cheers Andy

Evening Ive, I will mither him tomorrow, seems like a lot of wonga for an aesthetically challenged pin but as you say the way things are going you just have to take what you can get and pay what it costs if you are hunting, I was expecting it to make about £2700 just because it's a trophy title in any condition so just won it with my max bid of £2525, at the end of the day any MB is better than no MB and I have something to restore which is a good start. If I can source the pf and art for circa a grand I will have a nice MB for £3.5K which is acceptable, let’s just hope I can get the bits, I could get my mate to restore the pf (I could do it but this guy is incredible so worth passing it over + I am way to busy to mess with it ATM)), saying that I would not like to strip the pf and just throw everything into a box, nice when swapping to swap on to something methinks although I could just take pics and set it out etc.

Congrats on the purchase
smile-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1683778 said:
Congrats on the purchase
smile-1.png

Cheers buddy, certainly a nice title to add to the collection, saying that my DM will have to go now as I have maxed out on space again, same old song and dance

Up on ebay at the weekend, will be cleaning the rubbers (cheaper than changing them ) and giving it a quick wipe with an old cloth so I can get max $$ for it, it's going to get listed as “The best pinball machine ever!!†then the small print (if you like Stallone, Snipes and Bullock), “Ideal xmas present†the small print (easy to wrap, hide and move under your tree ready for the big day) etc etc.

is that the one listed by 'rogerairplane' Andy?

i bought my very first(TZ) pin off the guy and found him great to deal with.

the pin was EXACTLY as described on ebay although when it arrived it had acid damage on the main board.

Marc had a brand new replacement sent to me by Phil at pin heaven.

i know he has come under critisism before but i speak as i find and he was a dream to deal with in my experience.

you'll make money or braek even either way if you get it clean and relist it so enjoy it mate!

biggrin-1.png

He's a good guy to deal with on auctions. His BINs are ridiculous though. The amount of machines he tries to flip for double what he paid is just daft

Hi there, this one will be restored and kept, I don't sell pins as a rule only to make space for an alternative, certainly don't buy to flip or buy to restore and sell either (not that there is anything wrong with that, we all have to eat), it will be used as a foundation for mods in the future no doubt when I have run aground with my current offerings, sourced a pf, now I just the need the decals and whatever else it needs when I take a closer look
wink-1.png
I have a contact in the US who can get me the decals I'm sure if I get stuck, that is one of the perks of my job, you meet a lot of good interesting people worldwide
smile-1.png
, was chatting to a customer/friend the other day who has his own magic - illusion show touring around the world, how cool is that.

I wasn't suggesting you would flip it btw. Just everytime I've emailed Marc about a pin I normally get a quote back about twice what it's worth

Hi there, that's why I don't tend to throw money in that direction but as it was an auction it's fair to assume that it went for market value :confused:

Fair price / and once you sort out a p/f, plastics and decals you will have a beautiful looking machine. Shame thats all it will be game play is not the best. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

If not its a stunner to look at once its been made like new.

Enjoy.

Hi Daz, cheers for the heads up, just working my way through them slowly, on the plus side it will be one machine that was converted from a dog into a nice pin, the hunt continues for some of those other big fish
wink-1.png

Played some more JM yesterday (different location so I don't get to switch it on as much as I would like) now that machine really flows, I like.......... in fact I think I love, hats off to George Gomez, that guy gets my vote all the way.

Back
Top Bottom