What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotolock Bolts

Wiredworm

Registered
Hi everyone,

I've finally got the bottom half of a rotolock which is what I needed to eventually reinstate the original locking mechanism on my R&B.

I'm not quite ready to fit it yet as that's going to involve fitting a new back to the cabinet before then fitting a new cord cup. But given that I also want to fit new glass rails and glass then I might as well wait and do a full restore on the cabinet. Oh, and the ground braid still needs redoing so add that to the list.

Anyway, I still need to gather the bits ahead of time so the question I have relates to the bolts used to secure the lock in place. Are these a standard part? If necessary I can strip the ones from the top of the lock mechanism and take measurements and photos. I'm very keen to keep is as authentic as is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

It's the thing that holds the backbox up in the vertical position.

When the R&B had it's back end replaced the locking mechanism was changed to those wingnuts you find behind the backglass. For the sake of authenticity I want to restore the original lock.

You had the top part still in place but the bottom was missing. Luckily you can get that bit from Marcos so I just bought a new one.

This is the bit I got: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/355-5006-01

And this is the bit which is already fitted to the backbox: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/355-5006-02

I didn't initially realise that the part was available because it wasn't listed as a stock part for the R&B. But I noticed it somewhere else and when I asked Marcos then confirmed it was an error on their part so they updated their database accordingly. I think it's also what's used on the new WOZ tables.

Back
Top Bottom