What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROM Revisions - what’s different?

Dave Playman

Site Supporter
Alias
Retro Dave
Hi 👋🏼

I’ve got a spare set of ROM’s for my Swords of Fury that I recently removed from a spare Rottendog board set. They are more modern versions and labelled 1-2

The original ROMs in the game at U26 and U27 are labelled Rev 1

Does anyone know the difference in revisions? And does the Rev 1-2 versions do anything different compared to the originals?

I tried to Google it but couldn’t find much. Is there a way to find out what the differences are in the later revision? Any bugs that are ironed out maybe?

If anyone can enlighten me, I would appreciate it 👍🏼

It seems to obvious and probably not what you're after but I'm going to assume that newer versions have bug fixes of adjustments
I know the later version of the Black Rose rom increased the value of the jets (as they were worth next to nothing before) and later Road Show roms added adjustments for the shaker motor.

I don't know if you can find detailed info or change logs for all of them though

Hi 👋🏼

I’ve got a spare set of ROM’s for my Swords of Fury that I recently removed from a spare Rottendog board set. They are more modern versions and labelled 1-2

The original ROMs in the game at U26 and U27 are labelled Rev 1

Does anyone know the difference in revisions? And does the Rev 1-2 versions do anything different compared to the originals?

I tried to Google it but couldn’t find much. Is there a way to find out what the differences are in the later revision? Any bugs that are ironed out maybe?

If anyone can enlighten me, I would appreciate it 👍🏼
Found a thread on pinside:

One guys said this "The top horse shoe tunnel that scores ogres alley one way and other points if it goes in the other way sometimes has a delay I understood that the last rom version fixed this delay... anyone on here can you test to confirm it only if you have the new rom version.Soon as the ball comes out one way u have to quickly push it up the opposite way to notice this delay . Other than that not changes I'm aware of"

Found a thread on pinside:

One guys said this "The top horse shoe tunnel that scores ogres alley one way and other points if it goes in the other way sometimes has a delay I understood that the last rom version fixed this delay... anyone on here can you test to confirm it only if you have the new rom version.Soon as the ball comes out one way u have to quickly push it up the opposite way to notice this delay . Other than that not changes I'm aware of"
Thanks so much for taking the time to find that! 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom