What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Rocky & Bullwinkle £1250

cooldan

i like pizza
for sale is my Data East Rocky & Bullwinkle pinball machine by Data East. i have more games than space.

the good bits:
-it's got very little playfield wear, good condition plastics and pretty decent cab (a few chips inc back right bottom corner, but this isn't furniture), very clean underneath playfield and inside the backbox so probably not played to death in the past. you know sometimes a game is just filthy and you can tell it spent ages being shifted from arcade to arcade and has been opened a hundred times .... and sometimes a game just looks like it's had an easy life. well, this one is the latter.
-rarely-seen game from the 90s golden era.
-DMD is perfect.
-comes with glass, legs, balls, manual and topper

the bad bits:
-the Nell mechanism is all present and correct, but as usual it doesn't work like in most R&B machines;
-there is no backbox lock;
-the sound board probably needs recapping as the speakers hum. You may be able to fix it easily I dunno.
-the left ramp entrance is smashed - you can see this clearly in the pics (the pic about halfway down that's dominated by a blue wireform diagonally)
-the backglass has the usual scratch on Bullwinkle's nose, and another over the guy dressed as a Mountie
-i did a quick check round all the coils, and one of them isn't firing for some reason (the one that lifts up Rocky on the backbox, the other inserts all lift ok) so i'm not sure if there's a wire off somewhere or worse, a transistor. but as above that's something for the new owner to enjoy fixing, i haven't the time. it still gives the extra ball reward when Rocky is chosen in the hat trick, but it doesn't lift up the insert, so gameplay is not affected.

here's a video of it booting up etc and a look around

Rocky & Bullwinkle (1).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (2).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (3).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (4).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (5).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (6).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (7).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (8).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (9).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (10).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (11).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (12).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (13).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (14).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (15).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (16).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (17).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (18).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (19).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (20).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (21).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (22).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (23).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (25).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (26).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (27).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (28).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (29).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (30).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (31).JPG
Rocky & Bullwinkle (32).JPG

good family-friendly bright and colourful machine, lots of fun. located in Ealing West London.
Martin is coming next week.
£1450 ono.
£1400 ono
£1350
£1300
now £1250

Last edited:
bump.

i fixed the playfield diverter issue so the only issue remaining is one coil not firing (the one to raise the Rocky insert in the backbox) but this doesn't affect gameplay as the EB for when Rocky gets picked from the hat (that's the 'hat-trick') is still awarded.

price dropped to £1400 ono

As rare as the black one is I have to say I prefer the lighter coloured artwork.

But either way it's a brilliant game with surprising depth; and at this price it's a bit of a steal.

Good luck with the sale Dan.

Last edited:
Come on guys. It is painful to watch. Please someone get Dan out of his misery. R&B is a good solid dmd game. It was my first pin all these years ago. Kept it for about 10 years before moving it on. You'll enjoy it.

You'll like Newcastle Dan. We have a cracking pub crawl organized thanks to Mr Syson.

I know mate, I joined you on it two years ago, remember? Obv not. Sadly I can't make it this year due to parenting responsibilities.

This is going on gumtree or eBay at the weekend if no takers, not reducing any more and need the space.

Anyone at 1250?
I'm losing money at that price already but otherwise it's on the bay and ends at 6pm on Sunday. Obviously I'd rather sell on here to avoid eBay and PayPal fees and to keep the game in the community.

Back
Top Bottom