What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash Sunday 27 Jan 2019

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi

As some of you will know I was hoping and planning to host the Robot Bash on the usual date of 30 Dec at the end of the year.

However, we moved house at end of Sep and although garage conversion is going well, it's going to be finished a bit later than I was hoping or expecting and very therefore be very tight to get it all done in time as once building work etc complete I still need to paint, get carpet in and move machines from old house.

With Christmas looming, risk of not being ready and stress of trying to get it ready on top of health issues I've had this year which are still ongoing I've decided the best solution is to postpone until end of Jan.

Wanted to let people know as soon as I could so you can make plans and of course Neil has kindly stepped in to host a similar event on the same date of 30th Dec so there will still be an event to attend around Christmas/new year.

I'll open registration 10am Sat 5 Jan for Robot Bash. Format will be same as before with one small difference - all qualifying round games will be played as two 2 player games instead of one 4 player game due to lack of space in the new garage (which is a bit smaller). Will still count as a 4 player game though and will even out over the rounds as to who plays in first or second 2 player game.

Cheers
Greg

Last edited:
Hi

A reminder that registration for Robot Bash will open on Saturday 5 Jan at 10am. To register please either send me £10 via paypal to robotgreg@yahoo.com (friends and family so no fees) or pay me in person at SWL as I'll be there for the league on Saturday. Therefore won't be able to update the registration list from around midday whilst I'm at SWL until the evening when back home.

Please let me know if you register and later realise you can't make it; payments will be refunded up to 18 Jan. After then no refund for cancellation I'm afraid.

Places will be initially limited to 32 but will run a reserve list and there's usually around 4 people drop out. Also may open up another 4 spaces if there's enough people to make up another group of 4 and once I've moved the machines in and seen how much space there is in the new games room!

A few differences to note from previous years:

First of all as you'll probably already know we've moved. New house is near Swanage, about same time to get here if traveling from the west. If from East around 20-30 minutes extra.

There will be less room in the new games room so although the format of 4 player games will stay the same, the games will be played in 2 pairs of 2 so only half the players will be in the games room at any one time due to lack of space.

Practice will start from 10 and we'll run the comp from 11. A bit earlier than previous years but not sure if the 2 2 players games might take bit longer and would also like to fit in a fixed number of 8 rounds instead of the uncertain 6-8 time based number. Otherwise comp format will be same as previous years.

Cheers
Greg

I'd really love to come and support this, unfortunately with all of the travel and the baby on the way (still not here though) - I won't be able to make it. Sure it'll be an amazing event.

Current registered players:

Martin Leach Neil McRae Martyn Iles Greg Mott Amelie Mott Oscar Mott Elliott Roberts Kevin Brown Neil Baxter-Sibley Jon Melleney David Mainwaring Ivan Miles Peter Blakemore Tim Thornton Matt Vince Nick Marshall Leo Marshall Dan Lewell Effie Lewell Phoebe Lewell Dan Williams

11 spaces available.

5 spaces left

Registered players:

Martin LeachNeil McRaeMartyn IlesGreg MottAmelie MottOscar MottElliott RobertsKevin BrownNeil Baxter-SibleyJon MelleneyDavid MainwaringIvan MilesPeter BlakemoreTim ThorntonMatt VinceNick MarshallLeo MarshallDan LewellEffie LewellPhoebe LewellDan WilliamsAndy HughesKeith BurdenJack BurdenPhilip MannNick HamillLuke Grayson

Many thanks to everyone who made the effort to come along yesterday and made it a fun day.

Thanks also to Keith for running repairs on the day, and Martyn and Frazer for their help in moving the machines over from the old house a couple of weeks ago.

Many congratulations to Peter on the win after an epic final ball on Dirty Harry to reach 2.2B! Well done also to Nick and David.

Special mention to Phoebe who qualified for the top 8 - an amazing achievement!

Here's the final results.

IMG_20190128_093312152.jpg

A quick heads up will be running Robot Bash on the normal date of 30 Dec as usual, assuming no more health or any other issues here!

Cheers
Greg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom