What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Robocop full working order

I class myself as a newbie to pinball, but I am fairly certain there is a typo here. Apologies but looks to be an extra zero added on the price and a 1 or a 2 needs likely needs to go in front of the 6.

Also not entirely sure if you can be listing a machine for sale on behalf of someone else. Oh just seen Paul has mentioned this.

There is too many unscrupulous people around and it's upsetting to see that the poor behaviour of some affects others we totally understand why you've chosen to take this route as from your aspect it's the safest option what options . as a company if we find ourselves in a situation like this with a customer wants to sell the machine they're not someone that wants to sell it themselves . We are a company that's been going on for nearly 10 years and we do regular find ourselves with customers deciding to part with their arcade machines and pinballs sometimes a nonworking state and sometimes like this one a couple of years after we have serviced it , obviously we don't want to be breaching the rules of this site , how would we approach the situation in a manner that would comply with the rules of this site , thanks

There is too many unscrupulous people around and it's upsetting to see that the poor behaviour of some affects others we totally understand why you've chosen to take this route as from your aspect it's the safest option what options . as a company if we find ourselves in a situation like this with a customer wants to sell the machine they're not someone that wants to sell it themselves . We are a company that's been going on for nearly 10 years and we do regular find ourselves with customers deciding to part with their arcade machines and pinballs sometimes a nonworking state and sometimes like this one a couple of years after we have serviced it , obviously we don't want to be breaching the rules of this site , how would we approach the situation in a manner that would comply with the rules of this site , thanks

The actual owner would need to register on this site and pay the supporter fee to be able to list for sale, but if people are saying it was up for £6k I would say just stick it on eBay.

vaule is a matter of opinion , and lile in the arcade world collecters tend to want to pay less for games than none colectors , but of cause ther is the one that just needs to have that table , or game , im just the messinger on this one the asking price was set by the owner , , but yes ill sugest he puts it on ebay ,

I sold my 3 off as board and display less projects. Hard Times mean hard decisions. Luckily someone tends to bring one to pinfest for my robo fix

Unfortunately this change of rules is just going to mean less games listed on here...

I've dealt with many people over the years who wanted to sell a game. They were not pinball collectors and either inherited the game or bought it somewhere then got bored of it. They would certainly not register on here as its too much hassle etc. I acted on their behalf and helped them sell it and sort a buyer out. There were never any issues.

In fact i have another person just this last month who is gonna want to sell a LW3 soon. Guess that won't be listed here then.

I
Unfortunately this change of rules is just going to mean less games listed on here...

I've dealt with many people over the years who wanted to sell a game. They were not pinball collectors and either inherited the game or bought it somewhere then got bored of it. They would certainly not register on here as its too much hassle etc. I acted on their behalf and helped them sell it and sort a buyer out. There were never any issues.

In fact i have another person just this last month who is gonna want to sell a LW3 soon. Guess that won't be listed here then.
Get what you are saying, but you need an account anywhere to sell online. It's an identity thing to stop and track fraud. The days of exchange and mart are over and like it or not, with expensive things, the lure of a deal can result in tears.

I'm with the forum rules on this one.

I think businesses should be allowed to sell on private people's behalf, lots of private individuals don't want the hassle.

Perhaps a ruling that they pay higher fees to cover checks l, then receive blue tick status.
And that said companies are registered with companies house.

I think businesses should be allowed to sell on private people's behalf, lots of private individuals don't want the hassle.

Perhaps a ruling that they pay higher fees to cover checks l, then receive blue tick status.
If that’s the case the business could always just buy it then sell it on here

If that’s the case the business could always just buy it then sell it on here
And if that was the situation, this wouldn't be a discussion. Some people have a genuine dislike of dealing with cash and strangers, I see a genuine case for a private punter selling through a trusted trader.
Not saying my prior method is the way, but there's a ligit need.

We are trying to protect people as best we can, alongside not being as probibitive as we could be.

If you were running a forum offering this, how would you run the sales section (bearing in mind it has to be legal!)??

Are you aware of why the new rules were brought into place?

If not it was because someone on here was listing a few machines for sale on here on behalf of a business, but it turned out the business didnt actually own them and they belonged to other members and had been on loan to the business.

I really don’t see how you any of this is gonna stop dubious people. If someone is ok putting up a game they don’t own on here for sale ‘on behalf’ of the owner when the owner didn’t agree to it they sure as hell couldn’t give 2 ****s about saying it was theirs in the first place…

It’s a shame honest sellers are now effected. To be honest I may as well just sell games I get asked to sell now direct to traders in the address book and not even list them here . To much hassle

I’m not sure if this will be took as a valid argument but was the incident mentioned above (believe it was a R&B)
Only found out and highlighted because it WAS sold on this forum.
If it had been sold on eBay etc would it have ended as favorably?

Also I have noticed through various posts that a former owner of a pin invariably recognises their old pins and has a good idea of its history and present owner.

That and the fact sales threads never go overlooked and always attract input, ( good and bad 😉) mean that instances like the R&B episode will be called out more frequently.

Surly a good thing?

Are you aware of why the new rules were brought into place?

If not it was because someone on here was listing a few machines for sale on here on behalf of a business, but it turned out the business didnt actually own them and they belonged to other members and had been on loan to the business.
No I was not aware of that, but the crime is not the platform but the person listing illegally. Moral of that story is be careful of who you lend too. It is your machine and be careful who you lend it to.
That business seller could have just as easily pretended they were his machines couldn't he. Let's face it, if it was your machine on sale without your permission, you would still have to see the advert to know it was on sale and either way the business described the asset, you'd be thinking WTF...

If it was a business selling on behalf of another, I would first of all want to know if the business is legit and I would look them up on companies house. I would look them up on facebook, twitter or instagram also to see if I trusted what I saw and was it recent, was it tidy.

We are trying to protect people as best we can, alongside not being as probibitive as we could be.

If you were running a forum offering this, how would you run the sales section (bearing in mind it has to be legal!)??

I understand that your trying to protect us all Paul and I hope you don't think I don't appreciate it at all, this is the best pinball forum UK has ever had.

Running the forum is a task and a half Paul, I do not doubt it, but you are not necessarily to blame if a crook tries it on, folk need to act responsibly when buying, selling or lending machines.
So if it was me, I would just tell buyers to be cautious I think, everything else puts too much an onus on you.

I think that would become a pain, one rule for one and another rule for others.

The only way this would work is for a business to have a seperate type of account on here, and make them donate £20 up front for every listing on for sale threads.

Paul has done the right thing introducing this rule.

What’s all this about no-one is gonna pay £6k end of. (I did enjoy the one at Pinfest great sound even with 100 plus games banging away. Your move creep).

Back
Top Bottom