What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roadshow - Rubbers and metal posts

davejuk

Registered
Does anyone have a verified accurate lists of rubbers and metal posts for Roadshow?

I ordered a rubber set from Pinball Heaven and it was missing at least 4 of the tiny rubbers and 6 of the second smallest size.

My machine also has a lot of rust/corrosion on the metalwork and I see the posts are relatively inexpensive, so would like a list of those as well if possible?

Re. the metal posts, assuming you're not geared up already, I'd recommend better investing in the restore tools so you can do larger/less disposable parts in future such as mech brackets, lockdown retainer the list goes on. The common techniques described on here with the vernacular term in brackets;

- Dremell'ing (nedroidding) - good for posts but lengthy
- Zinc Plating (newdosing) - advanced for really kn*cked stuff
- Tumbling (not sure splootering?) - good for posts chuck in and forget

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Do you have a link to some explanation of these terms? I'm not getting good results from Google.

I have already tried swaffelen the rusty parts but it didn't help.

Dremel is the good brand of multi tool, you use different polishing mops and compounds to great results on individual metal parts at a time. Look in the shop logs for nedrueds GOLD BALL restoration log to see some examples of whats possible.

Tumblers are also popular, the ones used to polish up shotgun cases but can be done to polish up lots of small parts at the same time. You mix them up with some kind of media, Lizard sh*t or something I'm not sure. This one is popular with pinheads
http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/lyman-1200-pro-sifter-230v-uk-w-media

Yes, I know what a Dremel is :)

I have no idea what nedroidding, newdosing and splootering are. They sound like things that happen at parties I'm not invited to.

Dremel is the good brand of multi tool, you use different polishing mops and compounds to great results on individual metal parts at a time. Look in the shop logs for nedrueds GOLD BALL restoration log to see some examples of whats possible.

Tumblers are also popular, the ones used to polish up shotgun cases but can be done to polish up lots of small parts at the same time. You mix them up with some kind of media, Lizard sh*t or something I'm not sure. This one is popular with pinheads
http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/lyman-1200-pro-sifter-230v-uk-w-media

Corn cob granuals and walnut shell granuals

@davejuk I wouldn't bother with the tumbler unless your planning on shopping more games in the future. They're very good and I use mine all the time but I go through a lot of games. It's probably not worth it if your only doing one game. I started out cleaning all my parts in the sink and using wet and dry by hand to shine things up (including all the individual screws and bolts :eek: ). It's a ball ache but it was only after I did a couple of games and realised I was proper getting into it that I started buying the right tools :D

Oh I think I'm going balls deep in this pinball thing, don't worry about that ;)

I also have a JAMMA cabinet and a Point Blank 2 and have had various other cabinets and fruit machines over the years. I currently have an architect drawing up plans for my new house which includes a 60m2 games room that I'm going to have to fill!

For 60 quid I think a tumbler will be a good investment.

Back
Top Bottom