What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising an Insert

Cryptkeeper

Registered
Alias
RingSting
Going to try rase an insert on my white water (wow,my and white water in the same sentence!)
Am going to use a hair dryer to heat it up from both sides and slide it level.
any other advice?
will the old glue keep it there?
Thanks

My advice would be to heat from underneath only, save any risk of damaging the pf. In my experience its not as straight forward as heating it and sliding it nicely into position. However im used to dealing with raised inserts not sunken, so it might be easier. The old glue should be ok to hold it in place. Perhaps replace the bulb with an LED afterwards to prevent it hearing up again

As Gaz says, heat from underneath with a hair dryer but then I would put a socket or something a similar size to the inset in from underneath and very, very gently tap with a hammer from below. You'll probably end up pushing it slightly raised but then use a flat piece of wood on top from above and tap it down level. Finally run some superglue round the edge underneath to keep it in place.

Has to do this when I did my ramones pin.
Heat from underneath,if insert dished,sand withwet n dry,then reinstall and glue in place
We used a two part glue and still in place after a few years:)

Back
Top Bottom