What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Frankie Knuckles

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Just seen on the news that Frankie Knuckles, the godfather of house music has passed away. For those unfamiliar with his work, he pretty much invented house music in Chicago in the 80's and all dance music up to the present day owes a debt to what he created. Here's one of his classic's.....

RIP Frankie

I saw this. He was indeed the Godfather of House. I was lucky enough to have some older cousins who got me into House early on.

Just not my thing, but I admire what he did for a genre of music. R.I.P. Mr Knuckles

YOUR LOVE just sends tingles down my spine every time I listen to it. I'm a total techno-head so I'm good with pretty much anything from Frankie to Kraftwerk to HARDFLOOR to Plastikman to Autechre to I Broke My Robot. I wasn't much part of the rave or house scene (I like my techno darker and edgier) but respect to FK for laying the foundations.

Back
Top Bottom