What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ring main wiring circuits

I have summat similar.I tried three different meters too.I think the old avo 8 analog was the best,ancient top quality and able to handle the constant changes in the current read

Last edited:
A point to note.
The newer pins (like stern spike) use switch mode power supplies.
These power supplies can trigger RCD's to trip.

No way is a pin going to pull 16amps at start up.

A point to note.
The newer pins (like stern spike) use switch mode power supplies.
These power supplies can trigger RCD's to trip.

No way is a pin going to pull 16amps at start up.

done dozens of shows, seen it happen loads of times, trust me, plus happened at home with nib rbion.In all cases a 16a cb

they as it's been multiple times , a cb not residual current device.If anyone says it's not possible, this is FACT seen numerous times at numerous shows and in my own home

40 pins to me is a non standard load, non domestic application. Large volume of stuff, on all the time, high in rush currents, shock protection, volt drop and disconnection times etc.

Sparks can't very well apply diversity, which last time i looked at the IEE 15th (now 18th), could/is applied based on floor area.

Great you have three phase, that does help - a lot.

Option one
Sparks could drop in multiple ring mains.

Option two
Suitably sized 3phase radial circuits feeding commando plugs (or what ever they are called nowadays) with 4/8/12 etc way 3 pin outlets. Cable sized to meet the items in the first line above.

Option two is similar to what Poi and other have done at the Daventry show. At the D show there were some issues withe customers supply as i recall, being undersized. Something else the sparks will have to make sure of. Don't want to go popping Mr Electricy boards HRC incoming fuses. While you are at it. Get the electricity provider to change your HRC fuses for breakers. The sparks will thank you for it, most likely do it for free too :)

In all cases taking great care that you have a risk of 415 between pins now in a fault condition. Nice to see people testing for this at shows now too!

Just my tenpenith, an old has been sparks.

Cheers

JB

Back
Top Bottom