What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ric Mayall dies aged 56

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
R.I.P. gave us plenty of smiles over the years, you will be sadly missed.

56. Still a young guy. And one of the funniest ever to walk the earth. RIP Rik

Shocking poor bugger

I had a ric mayall game in the amstrad cpc 464 when I was a kid called how to be a complete bastard which amused me and my bro for hours

Another huge fan here. I musta watched the Young Ones a dozen times each. Comic Strip Presents, Alan B'stard in the New Statesman, Flash in Blackadder......

The People's Poet

Shocking poor bugger

I had a ric mayall game in the amstrad cpc 464 when I was a kid called how to be a complete bastard which amused me and my bro for hours

Lol. I played that not long ago. The young ones was awful on 464.

I'm more from the bottom generation but have seen all young ones, blackadder, dangerous brothers. A custom bottom pinball is on the cards I think.

I grew up with The Young Ones. Also, Lord Flashheart will forever be legendary. WOOF!

Poor fella and his family, 56 is definitely too young to go.

from this (one of the first)

and this (greatest Kevin Turvey stuff for me)

via all the other great stuff he did

to this (possibly the last)

Last edited:
Indeed very sad, I have fond memories of The Young Ones and especially the comic strips, particularly A Fistful of Travellers Cheques and Mr Jolly Lives Next Door. Great man who will be greatly missed.

kevin Turvey, was awesome, loved young ones and flash in Blackadder, very sad

Eddie: Why are you putting mayonnaise on your face?

Richie: It's not mayonnaise, it's sun tan lotion.

Eddie (examining bottle): Never heard of low calorie sun tan lotion.

Richie: What? Oh no, blast! Oh God! Oh! Argh-rrgh! Phuh! Well where's the sun tan lotion then?

Eddie: You squirted that into your cheese roll.

Richie: But I ate that!

Eddie: Yeah, I know.

Richie: Well why didn't you tell me?

Eddie: Because I don't like you very much.

I feel sorry for you, you zeros! You nobodies! What's going to live on after you die? Nothing! That's what! This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say, 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!' And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, 'But kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?

*Upon hearing his parents are dead*

The selfish bastards! I was going to spend the whole summer with them!

Took a night off pinball yesterday to watch Rik on youtube. What a genius...thank the world for youtube I binned my VHS tapes years ago.

RIP Rik you made me laugh again - just as much as I did first time round in my teens!

You must be young :) don't you remember when this was top of the charts?

Back
Top Bottom