What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete RFM (was only meant to change the rubbers....)

russdx1

Site Supporter
Alias
russdx
Bought a RFM which looked in pretty good condition but had a few weird hacks which i fixed up (nuts on the leg bolts as all leg places stripped, PSU wired directly to mains inlet etc...)

Plan was just a super quick shop, swap out the rubbers and lamps....

But now look at it...
IMG_1266.JPG
Me and my little helper took a bit to much off...

Very dirty!
IMG_1268.JPG

Metal parts ready for tumbler, plastics ready for dish washer / cleaning (and trash)
IMG_1301.JPG

Now the plan is
- new NOS plastics (thx @CHRIS B PINBALLS)
- new Translite (thx @xianek)
- swap all lamps
- swap all rubbers
- serious clean!
- good wax
- new pop bumper skirts (totally trashed)
- new red target (any idea where to get these?)
- fix a few other little minor bits and bobs
- maybe LCD swap?

The topside PF should be perfect once complete the bottom looks in good shape as well.
The cabinet has a few dings and dents but don,t really want to do all that work as find it so boring. But will give the pf a full shop :) But it might turn into a full shop.... who knows.. :)

Regards
Russell

Not sure about changing the whole pc as don’t want to spend to much in this as I have no intention of keeping it :)

nice and clean :)
CBE8E7FA-2A91-4F75-98EF-06534F8C2D9A.jpegC0F1E869-BD09-499F-9D3B-86F0C5162B0F.jpeg

Make sure all lamps work (pretty much had to replace most gi lamps)
2B214368-B5BD-4269-AA1D-F6B508AA2CDE.jpeg

All bolts/screws and small metal parts are in the tumbler for 3 days then I’ll put larger metal work in. Placed order with PinballHeaven and cleaned up all the plastic bits and bobs (ran through dishwasher)

Have also taken the flipper mechs apart as they where black with grease and oil and feck knows what else!

2 switches also need changing on the right lanes.
Hopefully once first parts come out of tumbler I can start the rebuild. Also need to rewire the dodgy pc power cable :)

Regards
Russell

Some parts ready for installation :)
81b9f506-dc73-43dc-9185-4f607e0930d2-jpeg.114303

Attachments

• 81B9F506-DC73-43DC-9185-4F607E0930D2.jpeg
    81B9F506-DC73-43DC-9185-4F607E0930D2.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 375
The rebuild begins :)

Bigger parts now in the tumbler ;) (best tool EVER for restores)
6BFEF918-2B20-4640-B625-AC99B3DC8641.jpeg

Last edited:
Was looking at my photos last night and i forgot to put in those 2 blue rubber pads at the top under the right ramp / VUK ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hopefully don't have to remove to many parts to get access.

Can any one confirm this smaller hex post goes on top of this other post at the top of the sling? The right side worked but this left side only screws about half way then jams????
CA6AE1B8-8504-42A7-B152-22F99603BA08.jpeg

new @xianek translight in, looks fantastic
943FDDCD-CD96-43F3-937C-F9EFB3545A45.jpeg

This is my pic when I did mine, is there anything lodged inside. If you used a tumbler to clean, the media can get stuck in the hole. IMG_0183.jpeg

Did check the hole :D for media and does appear clean lol, noticed you have two washers so that might help a bit, I’ll try cleaning it out again hehe. Always need a clean hole :D

All back together, just waiting on some flipper and auto launch parts then will be complete.

Plays great apart from one weird thing. I noticed the stroke of luck plunger was very sticky and not easy to move (although it kicked ball out fast) so I took it apart and cleaned it and now plunger is nice a free and smooth. But now it has trouble kicking ball out / is slow. Basically worked better dirty and fecked. How’s that work??

Added purple LEDs for the flood lights looks great.

:)D6AA0465-E320-4FD1-98EE-740B6D75CA62.jpeg

150441F2-C1C2-4FCB-B87F-EDE8F3605289.jpeg

6A736045-3467-46A4-AD70-D00D574FC06A.jpeg

C65331EF-0AFB-43BA-9963-CAA4CCC8F2F2.jpeg

Was playing yesterday and centre red target broke off so will add that to my pinball mania order as well :)

Sorry to hijack this thread.

I just bought this pin a few days ago and i'm having issues with the bolts for the legs not tightening (they seem to get tight but then loosen up, so the game isn't secure, do you think this could be a bolt problem or leg plate problem or is it better to just replace everything?

I would love to strip this game right back but don't have the time or experience..this one looks amazing.

Thanks for any advice :)

Lol has that really happened? (Broken flipper)

here are all the spare un-broken plastics (Bottom right are left over NOS)

574615B3-E900-4CCF-BE04-530CC6C6899A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack this thread.

I just bought this pin a few days ago and i'm having issues with the bolts for the legs not tightening (they seem to get tight but then loosen up, so the game isn't secure, do you think this could be a bolt problem or leg plate problem or is it better to just replace everything?

I would love to strip this game right back but don't have the time or experience..this one looks amazing.

Thanks for any advice :)

I had exact same issue, both bolts and plates were stripped machine was extremely dangerous in current state, I swapped all plates and black bolts :)

I had exact same issue, both bolts and plates were stripped machine was extremely dangerous in current state, I swapped all plates and black bolts :)

Yeah and with the weight of this pin it definitely needs to be secure, seems heavier than a lot of my Sterns 😳

Yeah the old CRT adds a lot of weight, one advantage of that lcd kit I guess :)

Target replaced, Just waiting for the flipper parts to turn up :)

Back
Top Bottom