What's new

No Longer Available RFM £3000

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris Tierney
I’ve a few machines due to arrive soon, so some machines need to go, here we have my RFM.

Running Jim’s v2.24 code on the original hardware other than the CRT has been changed for a LED flat panel. It has the 6 ball trough upgrade, shaker and proper knocker. Also has the UFO mods. Pretty tidy cabinet, three smallish marks on the LHS of the head box. There is a small hole in the base of the cabinet. One plastic broken, the ramp flap has seen better days and the key is missing for the rear door, however there is a replacement plastic, ramp flap and new lock included they will require fitting, (these have now all been fitted). The legs fitted are box section, I don’t know if these are an original or have been changed (they’re different to my SWEP1 legs which appear to be std Williams style legs?) It would benefit from a clean and some new rubber has now been cleaned/waxed and new rubbers fitted and plays well.

£3200 > £3100 < £3000

Here’s some pictures….

IMG_7940.jpeg
IMG_7944.jpeg
IMG_7945.jpeg
IMG_7942.jpeg
IMG_7943.jpeg
IMG_7946.jpeg
IMG_7948.jpeg
IMG_7949.jpeg
IMG_7950.jpeg
IMG_7951.jpeg
IMG_7952.jpeg
IMG_7953.jpeg
IMG_7954.jpeg
IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg
IMG_7958.jpeg
IMG_7961.jpeg
IMG_7960.jpeg
IMG_7959.jpeg
IMG_7966.jpeg
IMG_7970.jpeg
IMG_7969.jpeg
IMG_7968.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg

A couple of walk round videos here…

Comes with manual and schematics.

If you want any more pictures or info just let me know. Welcome (encouraged) to come and take a look and play

In Southport PR8, Martin knows where I am.

Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpeg
    IMG_7947.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Had a few PMs on this one, but as yet it’s still available.

Also found a hole protector which I’ll include with it.

Martin is due here next week.

Chris.

No takers here, so it’s had a clean/re-rubber the few parts that were included that needed replacing have been fitted and it’s gone to eBay.

No takers here, so it’s had a clean/re-rubber the few parts that were included that needed replacing have been fitted and it’s gone to eBay.

lucky flea bay people. i would of cleaned it and fitted rubbers/parts before advertising on forum,it might have had a better chance of selling now you have to deal with god knows who on the messers site.

lucky flea bay people. i would of cleaned it and fitted rubbers/parts before advertising on forum,it might have had a better chance of selling now you have to deal with god knows who on the messers site.

I had three machines I wanted to move on, all three would of benefited from a clean/wax, but alas time being the most precious commodity and that’s where I’m poorest, two of the three have gone to new owners who are happy with them, you know, sold cheaper as they needed some time spending on them.

Anyway as that only left RFM, that’s more doable, cleaned/waxed/new rubbers and the three parts included with the sale were fitted today.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

I don’t think it would be a bad thing if someone on eBay bought the RFM then joined up here?

Chris.

Afm and rfm are quite different beasts. Rfm is a pin2000 pinball. Afm is a traditional pinball.

Unlike previous pinball machines, Pinball 2000 machines feature a computer monitor to display animations, scores, and other information. The player perceives this video to be integrated with the playfield, due to a mirrored playfield glass (utilizing an illusion called "Pepper's ghost") that reflects the monitor hung in the head of the machine. This allows the display of virtual game targets in the playfield's upper third that can be "hit" by the machine's physical steel ball. "Impacts" on these targets are detected by physical targets in the middle of the playfield, and by recognizing successful shots up the left and right ramps and orbits/loops. (Wiki)

Probably better to discuss price with the seller in a private conversation.

Afm and rfm are quite different beasts. Rfm is a pin2000 pinball. Afm is a traditional pinball.

Unlike previous pinball machines, Pinball 2000 machines feature a computer monitor to display animations, scores, and other information. The player perceives this video to be integrated with the playfield, due to a mirrored playfield glass (utilizing an illusion called "Pepper's ghost") that reflects the monitor hung in the head of the machine. This allows the display of virtual game targets in the playfield's upper third that can be "hit" by the machine's physical steel ball. "Impacts" on these targets are detected by physical targets in the middle of the playfield, and by recognizing successful shots up the left and right ramps and orbits/loops. (Wiki)

Probably better to discuss price with the seller in a private conversation.
Cool thanks for the info. I know I love AFM, is RFM as good, worse, better in your honest opinion?

My opinion doesn't matter. We are all different in our taste. Try the games you want to buy if you can.

@pinballwiz you really want to make your own decisions on what you do/don’t like, some people’s likes are other people’s dislikes.

I’d rather describe the machine as well loved rather than well used!

Since the above pictures were taken I’ve cleaned and waxed the PF, changed out the rubbers for perfect play silicone rings and titan flipper bands, replaced the damaged ramp flap, replaced the cracked plastic and replaced the rear door lock. It’s playing fast and well with no errors.

If you have any interest in the machine you would be very welcome to come and take a look, in fact I’d recommend it.

Here’s a couple of pictures since I did the jobs mentioned above.

IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8162.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg
IMG_8160.jpeg

Chris.

Changed this back to ‘for sale’ it is on eBay but no reason it can’t be here also.

No real rush to sell it, it’s a game a like very much, and I’m not (quite) out of room yet.

Chris.

I've edited the original post to highlight the few jobs that were required have now been done, pictures of these areas are in post #11

I have two more game inbound so I really could do with making some space, so reduced to £3100.

Also just noticed whilst editing the original post, one (maybe more) leg plate has nuts on the back, I'll get this (these) replaced before it goes.

Chris.

Cool thanks for the info. I know I love AFM, is RFM as good, worse, better in your honest opinion?
I own an AFM and have played several RFMs. If you like arcade games/arcade cabs, as well as pinball, RFM is a great choice.

It plays very similar to AFM in some ways and is thematically similar, but it has a projected image that shows you things to shoot at - a bit like an 80s/90s arcade game.

I’m something of an ‘analogue renaissance’ person and the vPin we bought didn’t stay in the house for very long, but arcade fans who enjoy nostalgic 90s gameplay often prefer RFM to AFM (or like them both equally). If you’ve enjoyed a virtual pinball machine, like Pac-Man/Space Invaders/Asteroids, or fancy the idea of a Multimorphic P3, I think RFM is definitely a sound purchase and is a lot cheaper than an AFM too.

Back
Top Bottom