What's new

Found it! Revenge From Mars

RetroHeed

Registered
Alias
Scott
Howdy all,

The past few months I have been thinking over and researching what 2nd Pin I would like to own. As I already own an 80s Pin, the next Pin I would like to own is a 90s DMD (before hopefully moving on to adding a more modern 2000s machine)

As I said I have been researching for months... now. The 90s Era of Pinball is more my time so there are plenty to choose from (if available), but I am finding it difficult to choose a single machine at this time. I plan to hopefully source a nice conditioned working and cared for 90s DMD up to a max budget of say £3.5k.

So after some research and playing a couple 90s DMDs I have narrowed the list down to,

The Getaway High Speed II
Revenge From Mars
Tales From The Crypt
Stars Wars (DE)
Jurrassic Park (DE)

I am however very open to look into any themed Pin anyone is planning to move on in the not so distant furure ;) But I am very much drawn back into Revenge From Mars at the moment, but that may change tomorrow lol

I did have Guns & Roses (DE), The Shadow and Dracula noted but from what I believe these are sure more costly I think.

So why the mention of Scotland & Northern England ? I am very impatient actually and if I decide I want something I like to move and purchase quickly if an opportunity arises for purchasing something I really really want, @FinalFight can confirm this :) Also there is nothing better than just hiring a van and go collect that evening or next morning for something you really want :) Obviously if I was after a dream pin I would be willing for the very long... delivery times.

So when do I plan to source a 90s DMD Pin , well more than likely it will be after Pinfest to be honest but I thought it may be best I put this up here just now. Plus my Son is now getting really into Pinball now and is always asking me every other day, "when are we getting another Pinball machine" :)

A good choice of machines there. Good luck, and definitely agree there is nothing like setting out on a road trip in a van. I travelled 5 hrs each way to get my Data East Star Wars as a second pin. Much fun was had, however my third was a shock and I finally learnt my lesson to take my time after that.

Pins do seem to come in threes and the right one will come along.

A good choice of machines there. Good luck, and definitely agree there is nothing like setting out on a road trip in a van. I travelled 5 hrs each way to get my Data East Star Wars as a second pin. Much fun was had, however my third was a shock and I finally learnt my lesson to take my time after that.

Pins do seem to come in threes and the right one will come along.
Thanks. Yeah nothing better than a road trip to collect something, though you question yourself on the road what the hell am I doing lol

I'm in no major rush and trying to keep some options open but preferably a collection

Yeah nothing better than an early morning start, on the sunny day to pick up a pin.
Couple of weeks ago I had lovely sunny drive to Yorkshire and had war of the worlds playing in the van going to pick up my AFM …sad? Maybe, my Mrs certainly thought so but I bloody loved it 😊

Yeah nothing better than an early morning start, on the sunny day to pick up a pin.
Couple of weeks ago I had lovely sunny drive to Yorkshire and had war of the worlds playing in the van going to pick up my AFM …sad? Maybe, my Mrs certainly thought so but I bloody loved it 😊
Absolutely. Sounds like the perfect day out to me :) Congrats on the new Pin.

So have I spent more time thinking about the the 90s Pin I now really want, and it's Revenge From Mars. Scrap everything above, well maybe lol

I would like to thank one guy for the heads up on a later 80s that he will be available shortly ;) it was kinda tempting. Also thanks to the two guys on the heads up on the possible upcoming sales on RFM, one far down south and the other close to me.

I am now willing to travel further south to find a nice one that has been cared for, looked after and in nice fully working condition and maintained.

Well I hope others are interested in a RFM also, plenty available as thats now 5 Pms I have had for sales on this Pin :) Cheers folks, time to answer the PMs

That's incredible, nice position to be in Scott.

Do you have room in the motor to bring one home from Pinfest?

That's incredible, nice position to be in Scott.

Do you have room in the motor to bring one home from Pinfest?
I certainly didn't expect so much to be available all at the same time, maybe market changing lol

Unfortunately I am not taking the motor, don't think my old Honda may fit a Pin, actually it should do as I have been out the with tape measuring it before.

I should for fun though ask easy jet how much for a Pin placed in the cargo hold, seeing as its not listed on their restricted and unusual items list 😂

Many many thank to all who had given me a shout on the RFM upcoming sales.

I have a more local opportunity to possibly obtain a RFM, so for the time being I am focusing on this one after having some discussions with the seller.

I had a total of 6 Pms regrading RFM sales, one guy has decided to keep a hold of his one and I am in talks with one other. So I know there are a further 4 available. These 4 people have been notified and give the heads up on another buyer who is also after a RFM.

Please can those who previously contacted me message @Den - aka Wolfgang (he also has now listed a wanted for a RFM) and is far more closer to you.

@Den - aka Wolfgang I have PM'd you these sellers for you to contact, good luck 👍

Thanks again
Scott

Back
Top Bottom