What's new

Wanted REVENGE FROM MARS

cr5000462

Registered
Alias
CR
Hi Folks,
I am looking for Revenge from Mars, All conditions considered, but ideally working, if not working, try me :)

I've spoken to Dave a few times, doesn't look like there's a deal to had that meets both our expectations, which is fair. Hence my wanted Ad to see what else is out there

Hi Folks,
I am looking for Revenge from Mars, All conditions considered, but ideally working, if not working, try me :)

a non working one with missing parts inc the expensive and hard to find driver board sold on eBay for around £920, so you aren’t going to find something for less then that really. Daves one is a good buy in my view

a non working one with missing parts inc the expensive and hard to find driver board sold on eBay for around £920, so you aren’t going to find something for less then that really. Daves one is a good buy in my view
I did see that one sell, I had a bid on it.

I have sold a couple of RFMs in the last couple of years. Never got £1850 for them - even 'nucored' up and with MyPinballs saucer mods.

In my mind a RFM is about £1400 to £1600. But hey - it is worth however much someone is prepared to pay for it.

However as usual - pinflation (or soon DEFLATION) will come into the equasion.

I have sold a couple of RFMs in the last couple of years. Never got £1850 for them - even 'nucored' up and with MyPinballs saucer mods.

In my mind a RFM is about £1400 to £1600. But hey - it is worth however much someone is prepared to pay for it.

As with everything and all games it depends on condition and running nucore or pinbox isnt the deciding factor. I think prices range from £900 to £2500 depending on condition and the restoration of them. Cabinet condition, playfield wear, sol hole, playfield strip down top AND bottom, monitor/lcd, originality etc, So this game isn't far off the money in my view.

You cant really just say all rfms are worth £1400...

Anyway just my 2p, good luck with the search and the bargain find...

Back to writing new updates for the game..

AS mentioned, im not after a "bargain" find, im after a decent one that suits my needs, Ill be in touch when I find one on doubt Jim to add some things to it.

However, when the ones that were popping up for £1,200-£1500 in different conditions to the ones advertised popped up, every tom dick and harry weren't jumping on them. each to their own.

Im, sure there is already a debate thread somewhere on this forum regarding prices etc, this is a wanted ad, for a game I want.
Thanks for everyone views, but im just looking for a game that suits my needs.

AS mentioned, im not after a "bargain" find, im after a decent one that suits my needs, Ill be in touch when I find one on doubt Jim to add some things to it.

However, when the ones that were popping up for £1,200-£1500 in different conditions to the ones advertised popped up, every tom dick and harry weren't jumping on them. each to their own.

Im, sure there is already a debate thread somewhere on this forum regarding prices etc, this is a wanted ad, for a game I want.

So what are these needs? Maybe then you’ll have more success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sold my old one for £2300 a couple of years ago. That was about as nice as they get though and totally unmarked original. Each to their own but I don't haggle and I won't deal with hagglers. It starts to encourage people to deliberately overprice things in anticipation of being haggled down to the fair price they actually wanted. A well priced machine won't sit around long.

So what are these needs? Maybe then you’ll have more success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi,
just send me over what is it you have along with the specs,
ideally, I wanted one that was running Nucore.

This isn't a debate thread chaps, im simply looking for a machine, have one? great just send me a message or scribble it down here, which two others already have done

No drama, i was just posting info to try and help you figure out the rough prices of things (in my view) thats all , and whether games listed for sale at the moment are accurately priced or not, as i noticed you were a new member. I'll leave you to it.

No drama, i was just posting info to try and help you figure out the rough prices of things (in my view) thats all , and whether games listed for sale at the moment are accurately priced or not, as i noticed you were a new member. I'll leave you to it.

It's not aimed at you Jim, just in general.

Wanting "cheap" or "bargain isn't exactly what im looking for, but its whats people jump to conclusions on, Don't assume folks, it's not good - "a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof"

If someone came to me and it was battered, at a fair price, thats viable for me. so I can get decals, and run nucore etc exactly how I want it, then I'll take those options.
on the other hand, If someone comes to me and its a complete game running nucore at fair market price ill take that.

so Im literally keeping my options open, and by the looks of things people value these games differently, its each to their own.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I'm interested in Dave's RFM and I understand it has @myPinballs software running.
My question is how easy would it be for me to upgrade the software with Jim's awesome future updates?

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I'm interested in Dave's RFM and I understand it has @myPinballs software running.
My question is how easy would it be for me to upgrade the software with Jim's awesome future updates?

Im sure Dave and Jim would be able to offer some guidance, if not someone on the forum will, it's great place to find information

The upgrade is fairly easy. you connect your pc or laptop to the rfm computer and run the fupdate program from your pc/laptop. Also Jim is working right now on an updater program that will make it even easier by replacing the fupdate program.

To connect you pc to the rfm you need an rs232 port, a cheap £3 usb to rs232 adaptor from ebay worked for me. You also need a null modem cable, again about £3 ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all fairly easy

See this thread for info on all things rfm inc updating and the new updater software i am writing (from scratch) so as not to derail this thread.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/rfm-updates.41048/page-7

There is a possibility i will add pinbox update support to it as well as for original computers.

I will also be providing tested and recommended cable sets for use with the new software. Whilst there is a chance cheap cables will work, there is a specific chipset and cable type that works much better cross platform with less headaches. Cheap cables are often the source of much frustration to!

@cr5000462 hold out for the machine that makes you happy dude, RFM isn't an uncommon machine and they frequently pop up, personally I would want to pay around 1.5k and that's based on some very reasonable players machines selling for that price in the past on here, and privately, plus that's what I would personally value it at - prices are an opinion and based on what it's worth in your own eyes. Just because theres one on offer here doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Your RFM will come along mate, you just got to ride it out and wait.... Which is the hard part

@cr5000462 hold out for the machine that makes you happy dude, RFM isn't an uncommon machine and they frequently pop up, personally I would want to pay around 1.5k and that's based on some very reasonable players machines selling for that price in the past on here, and privately, plus that's what I would personally value it at - prices are an opinion and based on what it's worth in your own eyes. Just because theres one on offer here doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Your RFM will come along mate, you just got to ride it out and wait.... Which is the hard part
I agree, I will be keeping my eyes on the forums, everyone knows where I am if they want to drop me a message selling one :)

price wise RFM is probably more over the place than any other game. And they always seem to come up for sale in waves.. 4 or more in a short space of time them none for ages

Interesting views, RFM always seems to generate a lot of activity on the board.

popcorn.gif

My opinions - It is a great game. Inovative for the time, but the PC now is very updated and you need to refurb those (or change it to a pinbox PC). Yes there is a lot of discussions about that.

Break the glass on it, and it will be a pain in the back side trying to get another one!

The power driver board is great.

It is a brilliant game for around £1500 average condition.

Chris B had an amazing one, and he did not get mega money for that. If I recal he actually sold it at a loss.

I have AFM and I would not hesitate in owning RFM again. In fact, I know I will end up owning another one in the next 12 months.

Agreed. Strongly.

I have had 2 - First went for £1k, second for £1200.

Problem for me was before jim started tinkering and making things better, whilst i WANTED to like it, the fascination lasted 10 mins.
SC however - thats a different ballgame (and a similar size!)

My opinion is that its a fun game but super repetitive. It's a shame that the playfield is shorter than normal and obviously you don't have any feeder ramps or bash toys. But it's still good fun. I'd like another one maybe one day. For me though, the 3D graphics need an update to todays standards. Particularly the explosions and some of the character models and animations. I could do that myself and I did offer to do so at the time I owned one. I don't have time to do that now, but soneone should. You could even do a complete re-skin with alternate graphics and sound. The potential is there to make something more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom