What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Revenge from Mars with issues

Banzaipinabll

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
Bought this a few months ago. When purchased the seller stated it would sometimes turn on, but often would not.

Replaced the caps on the motherboard and hey presto, the machine fired up
IMG_9938.jpg

Then the fan sounded like a steam engine, so have ordered a replacement
IMG_9939.jpg

Playfield is in good condition albeit very dirty. Self test stated 21 bulbs were faulty, most were due to dry joints on most for the light boards. Below is a re-soldered one.
IMG_9944.jpg

All jet bumper mechs were damaged. Nut threads were sheared off and parts snapped.

IMG_9941.jpg

Playfield strip down is next job

IMG_9940.jpg

Play field nearly fully stripped. I can't say I enjoy taking off bumpers that have a bulb holder inside, such a pain

IMG_9952.jpg

Little progress apart from the tumbler being working constantly over the past week, works a treat

Ah! been chasing that for years! the last pin they had. Mind you shouldn't moan as I got all the rest a few years back, well done Mike it was in good condition cab wise etc

Ronnie

Yeah, took a while for them to sell on, it developed a fault which made an easy buy. Overall condition was good, but loads of faults and very dirty. Getting there

Making good progress mate, keep it up!

This is my favourite pin of all time to shop out. Everything is just so easy in it, well, everything except Williams sh*tty f***ing pop bumpers! I can't understand how they managed to redesign pretty much everything in a perfect way but still have those pieces of crap on the playfield.

Anyway, if you need any inspiration or help then you may want to check out my shop log which I finished earlier this year: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/revenge-from-mars-high-end-restore.18801/

Me and that pin parted ways in June, but surprise surprise I have ANOTHER Revenge From Mars junker waiting in the queue for restoration! :)

Well, it's taken some time, but back on to trying to finish my RFM. Polished and waxed PF has come out pretty good.
IMG_1587.JPG IMG_1589.JPG

Getting there, got a few hours to make some progress. PF almost there with just the last ramp to back in. IMG_1684.jpg

Play field nearly fully stripped. I can't say I enjoy taking off bumpers that have a bulb holder inside, such a pain

View attachment 22233
I removed the pop bumpers on my machine which was a pain in the ****. Whilst I was at it I replaced the white bodies and black skirts with red. Big improvement and the parts are cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom