What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring a Corvette - Need a job load of new nuts/bolts etc

Dunc

Registered
Hi all,

I'm restoring a Corvette machine and alot of the nuts/bolts/washers etc have rusted etc. Now, i know you can buy packs of 10 of certain nuts, bolts etc, but i'm wanting to know if you can get a bulk buy set of mixed nuts/bolts etc which cover all eventualities as i'm not sure how many or what i will need to replace. I just want them there just so i can match them up as i go along if that makes sence? Nothing more annoying than starting a resto job and realising you haven't got a certain bolt/nut.

I'm more used to restoring/modding cars than pinballs......bolts/nuts/washers seem alot easier to come buy lol! :D

Dunc

If you're not in a desperate rush and can work out exactly what you need in terms of sizes then you could try ordering direct from a U.S. hardware company as everything is usually inches and not metric. Postage can be a killer from the U.S. though.

I also had some success with the BZP self-tapping sheet metal slotted hex head screws that are used for holding all sorts of stuff to playfields. Usually only available in 10s via pinball channels I got a couple of hundred from China. The downside was dealing via Alibaba and the 3-4 week delivery time.

Send Andy @pinballmania an email through his website:

http://www.pinballmania.co.uk/

I'm sure he'll be able to help you out :thumbs:

Yeah, i have their site, many thanks! Lots of good stuff on there! Cheers

I'm sure a while back Pin Heaven had a 'selection pack' of most common screws / nuts etc for restores. Haven't checked recently.

Sent from my Eagles Nest using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is exactly the sort of thing i want. A Selection pack! Wonder if Pin Heaven still do it?

If you're not in a desperate rush and can work out exactly what you need in terms of sizes then you could try ordering direct from a U.S. hardware company as everything is usually inches and not metric. Postage can be a killer from the U.S. though.

I also had some success with the BZP self-tapping sheet metal slotted hex head screws that are used for holding all sorts of stuff to playfields. Usually only available in 10s via pinball channels I got a couple of hundred from China. The downside was dealing via Alibaba and the 3-4 week delivery time.

That would be great. I will need pretty much every screw/nut/washer/bolt as the machine was sat in a damp storage container for a few years before i bought it! I've had it since 2010, but only just decided to start restoring it!

Dunc

Back
Top Bottom