What's new

ReplayFX / Pinburgh 2015

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
This takes place in Pittsburgh USA, July 30-Aug 2nd

Anyone else going? They're planning on making 'the largest arcade in the world'. 700+ pinballs/arcade cabs It's going to be like Play Expo on steroids by the sounds of it

I booked a ticket for the Pinburgh comp, but not sorted travel yet. If any friendly faces heading that way please let me know.

More info here: http://replayfx.org/

This takes place in Pittsburgh USA, July 30-Aug 2nd

Anyone else going? They're planning on making 'the largest arcade in the world'. 700+ pinballs/arcade cabs It's going to be like Play Expo on steroids by the sounds of it

I booked a ticket for the Pinburgh comp, but not sorted travel yet. If any friendly faces heading that way please let me know.

More info here: http://replayfx.org/
Looks good.

I done Pinburgh last year was amazing. I done really well in the tournament. But they switch it round witht he Papa World Championships this year making it August flights are just shy of £1,000 even if you book 9 months earlier. Then there's the hotel and fees involved. I decided to go to Papa18 this year with a slightly different format. This happens on March 11th until March the 16th 2015. I have signed up for judging and score keeping for the finals so expect to see me on Papa TV :)

Cheers Dave

Yeah the flights are eye wateringly expensive at around 1k. Event itself is $100 (or more for 'VIP' packages). Hotels around $130+ a day...

My thoughts at the moment are to make a holiday out of it. So probably fly to NYC for a few days. Train (or hire car) to Pittsburgh for the show,
then travel somewhere else to round off the fortnight before flying back home. I haven't costed it, but .. its not going to be cheap

You also need the final leg from N.Y. to Pittsburgh unless you want to walk the remaining 374 miles :) With hotel and food look at £2k budget

yes, Paul talk to Martin Ayub if you can about flights to the US for pin stuff. he's been doing it for years and i'm sure he knows lots of angles by now. he flies to Ireland first these days, sometimes his trip looks like it makes no sense but it saves him hundreds.

contact him on the yahoo group or via Pinball News website, as he's not on here

Papa 18 flights were £460 return for both flights. Hotel Marriot was half price under special code as a pinball player. $124 a night instead of $248 a night no breakfast included. Working as a scorekeeper each shift earns $25 plus a T-Shirt so do all shifts earn $600 and a box of T-Shirts (leave plenty of baggage allowance) but don't expect to play any pinball :)

Yep, planning to head out to Pinburgh this year seeing as it ties in with the school holidays. Am as far as you at the moment Paul - booked the event itself but still need to sort flights etc.
I am a massive rollercoaster geek too, so the aim is to make Pinburgh part of a 3 week East Coast theme park road trip (once in a lifetime kinda thing).

Back
Top Bottom