What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Coil Sleeves

Carl Spiby

Registered
Just replacing the coil sleeves on the getaway and noticed the sleeves are thread through the end bracket, is this correct because the old ones I removed had the ends smashed up? I would have thought they would be more resilient behind the end bracket.

Just replacing the coil sleeves on the getaway and noticed the sleeves are thread through the end bracket, is this correct because the old ones I removed had the ends smashed up? I would have thought they would be more resilient behind the end bracket.

the coils are supposed to be mounted with their lugs far away from the end stop to reduce vibrational damage. the flange on the sleeve is supposed to go at that end as well, so the sticky-out bit goes through the litle bracket down by the end stop again, to keep it in place.

so four possible ways to do it (coil two ways, sleeve two ways) and only one correct. in reality, you see them put in all four ways, but deffo best to fix it right.

Have you got the correct length of sleeve's fitted...? Could be the old ones were the wrong length hence the ends getting smashed up...

and yes the flange is normally down by the end stop.

When I say the ends, the flange was smashed up and it was installed through the front bracket, which now from what's being said, is backwards.

I understand Carl, a man should not go to sleep if he knows the flanges are not right. Good work.

Back
Top Bottom