What's new

Removing side rails,backbox hinges,coin door

Pharo

Site Supporter
Hi
Thinking of getting all these parts powder coated on my TS any hints or tips on removing these especially the side rails as I think this is the place I could do the most damage as I'm not renowned for my softly softly approach.

Cheers in advance brian.

As a noob who has done this recently - Backbox hinges are easy - just a matter of removing bolts. Coin door pretty straight forward too.
Side rails - pain in the ****. The trick is slow and steady. I used a hair dryer and pallet knives. Heat and slide pallet knife up. Leave it there, heat next section and pallet knife, remove previous knife and so on.

When you refit the side rails, place on machine, use strip of tape on top of rail and fold tape over to inside of cab. This now acts as a hinge. Affix tape to cabinet and fold back the side rail onto the tape. This method ensures the side rail is fitted straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of paint scrapers up the sides of the side rails did the trick for me. Slow and steady so you don't bend them whilst getting them off.

The remnants of the adhesive can be a pain to remove though.

Reactions: DRD
Brian
One worm of warning. I had side rails powder coated and they warped in the heat ended up painting them.
Good luck
Cheers
Grrg

Hi thanks for all the answers started today got everything off side rails were a pain after what robotgreg said I decided to take them to a couple of lads that do up cars like something out of the fast and furious they do all the hydro graphics and fancy things showed them the parts said they were off a pinball machine the lads are in their early 20's hadn't even seen a pinball machine before showed them a few pictures of the machine loved the idea of doing them so they picked a pearlescent blue with a purple fleck that supposedly glows in the dark .They are going to give them some sort of acid bath or something then paint in layers and lacquer not my thing so went over my head I just wanted to know how much so we agreed on £70 will get them at the end of the week will post a couple of pictures then.

Cheers brian.

Back
Top Bottom