What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing a drop target to apply decal

strongs

Site Supporter
Hi, strongs,

I seem to recall that T2 has a micro-switch on the drop target, rather than a single-optic pcb. So removing the target should be a case of removing the 'E' clips holding it onto the guide pins (noting the washer placement), detaching the extension spring and manoeuvring it clear.

I've never had to remove the bank to apply decals to drop targets, if you have a steady hand you can generally do it without knocking the targets down - just hold them up at the back with a finger.

For T2 I'd just take the skull off (mounted by 2 screws I believe - I don't think you will be able to put it on without doing this as the skull obscures the target) and then try and mount the decal without removing the target. Might be a bit frustrating but you will get there in the end.

I've never had to remove the bank to apply decals to drop targets, if you have a steady hand you can generally do it without knocking the targets down - just hold them up at the back with a finger.

For T2 I'd just take the skull off (mounted by 2 screws I believe - I don't think you will be able to put it on without doing this as the skull obscures the target) and then try and mount the decal without removing the target. Might be a bit frustrating but you will get there in the end.

Sounds easier. I'll do this when I get a minute. Thanks @Archyta5

Sounds easier. I'll do this when I get a minute. Thanks @Archyta5

No problem, I did it this way with my Judge Dredd with a 5 bank target and applied "DREDD" decals to it. Probably a bit of a no-no but while doing it I had the game powered on and in test so if I did accidently knock one of the targets down I could just reset the bank and pop the targets back up!

Back
Top Bottom