What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

receiving lots of £10 paypal payments for events

DRD

Registered
I have been to a few pinball events where you pay in advance by paypal. It is a very simple method and for me works fine

I need to receive a load of payments for the cinema club I am involved with. £10 a go. Some will be multiples for families of 2 to 6. Hopefully about 50 to 100 folk to buy season tickets

Is paypal the best/ only way to do this ? Is there a risk that paypal shuts you down when lots of folk "gift" money to you ? - you know, like ebay does when folk send cash offers ?

Is there a better way of doing this with low/ no transaction fees as this is a not for profit endeavour ?

Thanks

D

are they all "gifts" ?

Do you set up a formatted page ? Or do folk just send you a [tenner] with no bells and whilstles ?

Could be worth changing to a buiness account, pay less in fees.

I did it and its pretty easy, just some photo ID is all

Reactions: DRD
Paypal can be problematic at times. I am a member of a local sports team, and when we order new kit we send money to one of our organisers. He then uses that money to pay the supplier of the kit. He has had several run ins with PayPal ultimately leading to his account (with money in it) getting locked down :mad::sad::-o:hmm:

I use paypal a lot to receive and send money, Just ask all the people to use the "send to family and friends option" No commission to paid and no chance of reversals. Its much like a Bacs payment from a bank account.

Bank transfer would be an obvious alternative, pretty easy for most people these days. People would need to provide decent tracking info though, of course.

You can create pools on PayPal, might help?

Back
Top Bottom