What's new

Rear of translight cleaning.....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Ok so an old machine with a flimsy plastic translight - however REALLY dirty.

Any advice on the best way to clean it?

Also - there are a few light scratches in the "white" rear - however not gone as far as the print on the front - any advice as to how to re-coat these parts??

I've had good success on my SOF translite going really gently with Novus 2 and a microfibre cloth....just go easy and test in a corner first :thumbs:

In terms of touching up you can use normal acrylic paints but if it's not scratched through I'd be tempted to clean and then leave it alone :)

On a Williams one I used foam cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried with both foam cleaner and Novus 2 - takes some of the grime off, however it seems that the rear of the translight is definitely stained - so short of bleaching it I'm not sure that anything will get it off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

be careful if you use IPA. I have used this before for this job.

IPA is a great cleaner but it is incredibly powerful. Too much and it just keeps cutting through whatever you are rubbing

Use a coloured cloth and check frequently to make sure that you are just removing dirt and not the white coating itself

If it's not coming off with Novus 2 or foam cleaner then it's probably not coming off without you damaging the translite. I'd leave it alone at this point mate :thumbs:

Foam cleaner will also eventually dissolve the paint. So take off the easily removed grime then leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom