What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear of translight cleaning.....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Ok so an old machine with a flimsy plastic translight - however REALLY dirty.

Any advice on the best way to clean it?

Also - there are a few light scratches in the "white" rear - however not gone as far as the print on the front - any advice as to how to re-coat these parts??

I've had good success on my SOF translite going really gently with Novus 2 and a microfibre cloth....just go easy and test in a corner first :thumbs:

In terms of touching up you can use normal acrylic paints but if it's not scratched through I'd be tempted to clean and then leave it alone :)

On a Williams one I used foam cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried with both foam cleaner and Novus 2 - takes some of the grime off, however it seems that the rear of the translight is definitely stained - so short of bleaching it I'm not sure that anything will get it off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

be careful if you use IPA. I have used this before for this job.

IPA is a great cleaner but it is incredibly powerful. Too much and it just keeps cutting through whatever you are rubbing

Use a coloured cloth and check frequently to make sure that you are just removing dirt and not the white coating itself

If it's not coming off with Novus 2 or foam cleaner then it's probably not coming off without you damaging the translite. I'd leave it alone at this point mate :thumbs:

Foam cleaner will also eventually dissolve the paint. So take off the easily removed grime then leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom