What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real world test of new electric audi

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Been to a funeral yesterday in St Andrews . Travelled from Leeds to St Andrews and back . Decided to test my wife’s new audi

So far going pretty good. Charging seems to be fairly painless. Only the 85p kWh charge rate is the kicker and all the extra costas and Starbucks whilst charging!!!!

Been to a funeral yesterday in St Andrews . Travelled from Leeds to St Andrews and back . Decided to test my wife’s new audi

So far going pretty good.
Good to know, but please don’t tell anyone else, let them suffer on!

Aside from the relatively extortionate rapid charging fees (which you can mostly avoid for 98% of your journeys if charging at home) it’s actually very easy to drive an EV. Our eNiro‘s both do 310 miles in summer, 250 in winter - that’s actual not claimed, something Kia do very well - with a 65kWh battery. Remotely defrosted them this morning too. 18,000 miles has cost just under £375 in fuel. but yeah, they’re $hit.

Last edited:
The real world range in sub zero temps and icy roads to Scotland of this Audi q4 etron 40 s line is 200!! Not the 330 figure. So we have had to charge 1 and abit times each way. Think this is the hardest test for it as we had heated seats and cabin heater with demist on alot etc

funniest thing so far is it took us ages to find the charge to 100 option instead of 80 on the second charge as at home the car overrides the charge point

And let’s not discuss the single user only Audi app 🤣 nearly caused a divorce! 😉

Last edited:
I had an Audi Etron hire car for a few weeks, don’t know which model, longest range I achieved was 125 miles.

My daily is electric, 20-25K miles pa, I don’t use Superchargers very often, probably average once a month, haven’t used one in the last month so it does vary, the most expensive supercharger I’ve used was 57p/kwh, but typically around 50p/kwh, these being peak time prices, off peak is quite a bit cheaper. Personally I do like the supercharging experience, I work it in with a lunch or tea stop, taking a break after 4 hours or so of driving kind of works well for me, also can’t do much more than 4 hours now driving without a toilet break! 😂

My normal charging is done at home, either cheap rate night time or from solar/battery storage. It just works so well 😎

Chris.

My journey today from home near hexham to Leicester via Lancaster.

272 miles in total. Left with 100% recharged after 156 miles when at 20% up to 80% and arrived with 22%.

64 minutes to charge. Slower than usual but sub zero and busy charging station.

2022 ipace (but it's basically 2018 technology.

Works out at 195 miles max range but it was all pretty much sub zero all the way. It was -7 when I left home at 9am.

funniest thing so far is it took us ages to find the charge to 100 option instead of 80 on the second charge as at home the car overrides the charge point
Charging to 100 on the dc chargers is a pointless waste of time. Charge to 80 and move on. The last 20% takes 3x as long to squeeze in. Unless you are doing something anyway like having a nice Starbucks. :)

Back
Top Bottom