What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raza buying details and Deeproot website live!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

OK suckers time to put your money down! :D :D :D :D

From $9500 for the LE and $5900 for the Pro!

RAZA Orders​

RAZA Ordering Summary​

Starting off with excellent customer service and a reliable product are both important to us. That means that when a customer sends us a payment or deposit we want to deliver the best quality product as quickly as possible.
Two factors will primarily affect quality and delivery for RAZA orders: early customer feedback and managing supply chain bumps. First, it is in all our best interests to use a slow and steady approach at the beginning. This is the only way to quickly refine and improve our product and line based on early customer feedback. Second, the pandemic has disrupted supply chains in every industry. As a new manufacturer, we still need to ensure our vendors can deliver consistent quality working components in the quoted lead times.

Ramp up for RAZA​

As of the time of opening orders, nearly all pinball manufacturers are experiencing supply chain disruptions and backlogs of orders primarily due to the order volume and the pandemic. Vendors face similar issues and lead times for metals, plastics, componentry and backlit panels are all unpredictable and much longer than pre-pandemic. Even prior to the pandemic many new pinball releases often took 4-6 weeks for manufacturing to ramp up after opening orders, and took months to fulfill all orders. Our RAZA run will be no different.
We plan to ramp up our lines in a slow, controlled manner using phases with a goal to finish and ship all RAZA orders in less than four months. The first three phases will only be games meeting UL certification for North America/Canada. As CE and other international certifications will still be ongoing, we will not ship international orders until the fourth phase at the earliest.
  • Phase 1: Approximately six weeks as the first games reach customers, with us alternating between Arcade and Xtra editions (backlit side panels being the primary delays for Xtra editions).
  • Phase 2: Approximately four weeks, with the goal of increasing games leaving per week to 30.
  • Phase 3: Approximately four weeks, with the goal of increasing games leaving per week to 40.
  • Phase 4: The balance of domestic orders and all International orders.

Shipping Priority list​

Buyers may choose between placing an order with a non-refundable deposit, or paying for their purchase in full. The only difference between the two options is the order in which we will ship games. Since RAZA is a limited run, non-refundable deposits allow us to accurately order low volume part orders. Any customer wishing to back out of an order may convert any non-refundable payment to store credit, good for one year thereafter.
After Phase 1, we will prioritize Xtra editions over Arcade editions, and prioritize Buyers who have tendered full payment over those who only put a deposit down. International orders will be fulfilled as soon as certifications are approved for the respective region or country, using the same priorities. In summary, the manufacturing and shipping priority after Phase 1 is:
  • US customers Xtra Full Payment
  • US customers Ae Full Payment
  • US customers Xtra Deposit Only
  • US customers Ae Deposit Only
  • All International customers, grouped by region

Payment Methods​

AeXtra™
United StatesFull Payment by Check, Wire, or Major Credit Card

10% Non-Refundable Deposit with Balance Due Prior to Shipment
Full Payment by Check, Wire, or Major Credit Card

Full or Partial Payment with Store Credit

20% Non-Refundable Deposit with Balance Due Prior to Shipment
InternationalFull or Partial Payment in US Dollars by Check, Wire, or Major Credit Card

Or other Terms permitted by your Distributor

"we won't take deposits" oh but we're in $3M so we better!

Huh? They are taking orders from today.

We will accept orders for RAZA from December 8, 2020 at 10am Central US Time to 3pm Central US Time on December 30, 2020

I don't know or understand the history or politics but the game looks okay.

If it were manufactured and available in the shops at £5300 for the base model NIB I'm sure they'd sell a few.

Is that $5.9k and $9.5k
+ 25% tariff
+ Vat on top?
For comparison, TMNT Pro also retails at $5.9k in the US, and is listed at £6.6k on PH.

Following the same "exchange rate", we get 9.5*6.6/5.9 = £10.6k for the Xtra.

I like the side lit artwork and the touchscreen lockbar. The glass lifting mechanism is also a really nice idea. If I’m honest, I’m left underwhelmed by the game itself from the video. It kinda looks like all the innovation went on stuff outside the game. The box being the prime example there! I watched the box video and thought, mmm different, probably a good idea. Then he said $999 for the box and I almost fell off my chair. Really hope these guys can make it work though. Would be nice to see what else they can innovate in the future if they don’t sink before their first pin hits manufacturing.

More fail from deeproot

They are far behind and the weather in Texas giving them a convenient excuse but nobody is buying it.

Every commitment he made he has failed to deliver on!

Dear RAZA Customer:

We hope all is well. As promised before we want to provide an update over what happened in February and where things are now.

WEATHER
As some of you might know, the winter storms in Texas last week resulted in prolonged power and water outages. The office was closed and all of us faced varying degrees of outages. The outages also impacted the Lab doing our UL/CE certifications. We hope those of you impacted are doing well and getting back to normal.

UL/CE
Obtaining a full system certification (rather than relying on an non-compliant cascade certification from just the power supply) is important for us to be able to offer a quality, compliant, and reliable product. The primary goal for us for RAZA in February was to get the UL/CE certifications done. Unfortunately the weather prevented that from happening. The last update we received prior to the lab closing was that US UL was close to being done. The Canada UL needed a few minor corrective measures. And the CE was about 75% done. Since we have been unable to work with the lab for the last two weeks, we are hoping to get back in the schedule early next week and finish the outstanding requirements. We are still being told it will take 4-5 weeks for the final certification and report once all certifications pass. That puts us into mid April (or sooner if we can).

PARTS & PRODUCTION
As an update, we have the lockbar (not pinbar as reported) and lighted side panel vendors remedied. The last engineering task (to improve the stability of the kickstand) is going to be complete next week which will be the last assembly parts to be sourced. Part orders continue to come in and small parts and sub assemblies will start as last posted. We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that. Since the certifications and receiving all parts are critical to the start of shipments, we will not put another expectation here other than to say we want to ship as quickly as we can provide a quality well-QA'ed RAZA machine in a box. We thank you again for your patience. We plan to update customers again by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at contact@deeprootpinball.com or by visiting the website.

Best! -Robert J. Mueller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hell no, I wouldn't buy anything from that madman. I predict this will end up with a similar **** show ending like Heighway and the pinball crooks. This was posted on pinside. I've been at a few expo's and see Robert in action - hes a scary character in my view.

Watch this video and count how many things he has broken promises on..

and also many of the people on that stage are no longer at the company. One of them was in the bar until late and lets say had a few too many, the stories he was telling only confirmed my own thinking that this was something to avoid like the plague. I know some of the folks that went to DR for the failed launch and again feedback from them was pretty uninspiring.

Hell no, I wouldn't buy anything from that madman. I predict this will end up with a similar **** show ending like Heighway and the pinball crooks. This was posted on pinside. I've been at a few expo's and see Robert in action - hes a scary character in my view.

Watch this video and count how many things he has broken promises on..

and also many of the people on that stage are no longer at the company. One of them was in the bar until late and lets say had a few too many, the stories he was telling only confirmed my own thinking that this was something to avoid like the plague. I know some of the folks that went to DR for the failed launch and again feedback from them was pretty uninspiring.
Reminds me of these

"Dear RAZA Customer:

We hope all is well. As promised before we want to provide a timely update about where things are now...

The latest we have from the lab is that the UL for the U.S.A. and Canada reports are being prepared. We have passed the SAA requirements and 95% of the CE requirements. While product safety have passed, the emissions and interference tests metrics for a few of the CE countries require additional modifications. We are still being told it will take 4-5 weeks for the final CE certification reports after our fixes pass the tests. The UL reports should be herein in the next few weeks which allow us to move forward on those machines.

We continue to appreciate many of our vendors being able to timely get us quality parts to spec. Unfortunately some vendors are still having issues with global and regional supply chain disruptions. We thank you again for your patience. Despite the past, we don't want to be known as the company that customers can rely on for delays. Our entire team is very cognizant of that and are working hard to be accountable for lead and time lines. As we are coming up on five months now since we opened up orders, when our teams were confident they could delivery by February to March, we definitely are frustrated at our inability to follow through and overcome internal and external obstacles. While some things are outside of our control, we understand the importance of delivering on the promises made. As such, it now doesn't make any sense to make more RAZA machines than orders.

With current lead times on the certifications and parts, there will not be any significant updates in the next 6 weeks. Our goal is to update in mid May and at that time (if games are not imminently ready to start shipping) to offer some financial relief for the delays in the form of a return of store credit, discount of the RAZA purchase, or allow customers to rescind RAZA purchases for a refund with nominal interest.

To those on this mail list that are not RAZA customers but are waiting for surplus machines, we are so sorry that there will no longer be surplus machines. However, if some RAZA customers decide to rescind their contracts, we will offer those first-come, first serve machines to the list for the original prices. Please do not contact us about this yet. We will only be able to provide an idea of availability closer to end of May once purchasers decide if they want to rescind their purchase.

Best!"

You can tell they are unsure of timescales.
Why else would they offer customers a way out.
Seems the certification has caught them off guard. That could take ages to put right.

If I was a buyer I’d be worried about the availability of parts if they are building just enough machines for current orders.
What happens when a game gets damaged in transit or something fails?

Its a ****show of the highest order but if you'd been in the room with the Deeproot team at Expo you wouldn't be surprised. Arrogance, ignorance, contempt and ultimately a lack of talent and ability to deliver anything. total clowns. Robert is so out of his depth and is trying to buy his way to success and he lacks credible experienced people who can get the job done. I predict he bails after Raza with some bozo Trump like "WE SHOWED YOU" excuse BS.

Risk wise I'm going to guess that most of the parts are BW style, flippers mech etc, with only the cabinet, CPU, drivers board being unique and I suspect repairable as I can't see that they would go down the Stern optimised approach. PSU I'm going to guess is off the shelf like spooky/spike.

Those buying this game I hope are all experienced pinball people because they are going to need all their bodging and MacGyvering skills on this one!

I think James said he had a few orders...

Last edited by a moderator:
someone on pinside found these legal actions!

2020CI20793 - HOLTS MECHANICAL LTD VS ROBERT J MUELLER ET AL [Deeproot, Deeproot Tech]. Served at Deeproot. Settled 3/29/21.

2020CV04262 - FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA VS ROBERT J MUELLER (Debt/Contract) - Pending.

2021CI00320 - SOFI LENDING CORP VS ROBERT MUELLER (Debt/Contract), still unserved.

Back
Top Bottom