What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded Rare Tecnoplay Space Team - up for trade

Ross Hamilton

Registered
I have a great, unusual game up for trade. I've had this for about 10 years. When I bought it there had been MPU damage due to leaky batteries - @Dave2084 helped to clean that up and bring it back to life. It kept running for a year or so, even featuring in one of the Christmas Cracker competition finals, but then stopped working. I had far too many projects and it got ignored for a long time. Last year, Keith Withnall came round and helped us get it going again. So it's currently working, although slightly erratically - the main problem being a mechanism for ball locking needing a good overhaul (it stacks balls up behind a cross-shaped piece which rotates 90 degrees at a time to let each ball out).

It has some really cool features - a wrap around "toilet bowl" shaped section at the back, which makes for lots of skateboard-style shots around the curved ramp. A motorised skill shot mechanism which varies the angle the ball will enter the playfield, so you have to time it right. The aforementioned ball stacking multiball feature (the balls line up in one of the crossed over ramps). Plus, of course, the fact that the whole playfield is sat on springs inside of an arcade-style cabinet. It's very cool. I'm almost talking myself out of offering it up for trade, in fact!

I don't have the long term enthusiasm for keeping things that need much maintenance, I don't ever seem to find the time to fix things myself and I don't like to call in favours as often as things go wrong. So I'm wondering if someone would like to swap something for this? Something a bit more "run of the mill", so that I can get entire spare/replacement parts rather than have to get my hands dirty fixing old boards.

I don't have anything specific in mind, I'm open to offers. It doesn't even have to be pinball, I might go for a fun video arcade game (I like driving and shooting games best) or (very long shot, I know) I could do with a cherry picker. I don't mind a bit of cash in one direction or the other either, but not very much.

Here are some old photos from when I first bought it. It doesn't look any different now. I can get some more recent ones and some video of it in use, if there's any interest.

Attachments

• IMG_4462.JPG
    IMG_4462.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4464.JPG
    IMG_4464.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4465.JPG
    IMG_4465.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4466.JPG
    IMG_4466.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4467.JPG
    IMG_4467.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4468.JPG
    IMG_4468.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4522.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4523.JPG
    IMG_4523.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4529.JPG
    IMG_4529.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4532.JPG
    IMG_4532.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4533.JPG
    IMG_4533.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4535.JPG
    IMG_4535.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 179
Such a cool game and very rare! Tecnoplay were an Italian manufacturer born out of the ashes of Zaccaria and made very few games. GLWS mate, this is a rare opportunity to get hold of something like this :thumbs:

Beware!

I played this at the Christmas Cracker and got the GC - but it literally didn't have the letter 'J' in the selection when coming to put my initials in :mad: . So if you use a 'J' in your HS initials you'll be disappointed.

In all seriousness from what I remember of it it was a fun and different game to play. :D

Beware!

I played this at the Christmas Cracker and got the GC - but it literally didn't have the letter 'J' in the selection when coming to put my initials in :mad: . So if you use a 'J' in your HS initials you'll be disappointed.

In all seriousness from what I remember of it it was a fun and different game to play. :D

^^^ this is indeed true! I forgot to mention it. Fortunately @Dave2084 had remembered this when we last went to it! There's a video kicking around on Facebook I think, of us having a laugh trying to put Wayne's initials into it ;-)

I'd be keen to stay in contact with the new owner of this as I am in the process of restoring a Space Team in the standard pinball version of this (rather than the Hi-Ball version in the arcade cabinet). The one I have is in very poor condition - I have had to make a complete new cabinet for it due to damp and woodworm - and Ross was kind enough to allow me to measure and photograph some of the missing parts that I will have to fabricate from scratch. This is a great game that was well ahead of its time, but there are very few around which is why I'm prepared to spend a lot of time restoring mine, I will be putting a workshop thread together for it once I have it a bit further along.

Beware!

This may also apply to the letters K, W, X and Y which, like J, are not generally used in Italian!

I'd be keen to stay in contact with the new owner of this as I am in the process of restoring a Space Team in the standard pinball version of this (rather than the Hi-Ball version in the arcade cabinet). The one I have is in very poor condition - I have had to make a complete new cabinet for it due to damp and woodworm - and Ross was kind enough to allow me to measure and photograph some of the missing parts that I will have to fabricate from scratch. This is a great game that was well ahead of its time, but there are very few around which is why I'm prepared to spend a lot of time restoring mine, I will be putting a workshop thread together for it once I have it a bit further along.

I'm pleased to report to anyone following this that Keith and the new owner are now in touch with each other :)

Back
Top Bottom