What's new

Python help needed

Mike Parkins

Site Supporter
Are there any Python programmers who might be able to tinker with a bit of code for me? I need to add a little extra functionality to the P-Roc highscore code on my Cactus Canyon and object-oriented stuff is not in my wheelhouse...
cheers,
mike.

What's needed? Not got much spare time and I'm not really a Python programmer but I can do most things so if it's relatively simple I might be able to help, though testing would be an issue.

If you can find someone with access to a P-Roc then that's a better option. Have you tried P-Roc forums/Reddit - that might be worth a go, especially if it's generic code that others would use.

Hi, thanks for replying. The problem I have is that many people play my CCC at the club but often walk away from it with a highscore/feature initials screen waiting for an entry but it never times out, with music playing endlessly. I asked the code auther Gerry Stellenberg but he says this was fixed only in later P-Roc/P3-Roc systems and doesn't want to backport the fix to my old P-Roc card. I will try Reddit as you suggest, I hadn't thought of that. The code is here in case you want to look... https://github.com/preble/pyprocgame/tree/master/procgame

cheers,
mike.

Not many comments in that code! (or commits)

If you can find a DIFF of the fix, it may just be a cut and paste but as he's talking about back porting it I suspect it needs something structural like timers/interrupts which is why it is a pain.

If that's the case, you need a PROC programmer who knows what your board is capable of and how that differs from the newer ones, not just a Python programmer, so I think you'll have to ask around in the PROC community.

I just mentioned this to Eric, the CCC programmer ( we're in touch as I'm a Rick & Morty beta tester ). He said it's a framework problem, but something he could hack in the gamecode....if he had time. So maybe ask him very nicely to add it to his to do list.

I actually asked him some time ago but nothing came of it, I know he is very busy so didn't want to bug him about it. I just wish I could get my head around OOP, since I find it easy to write traditional code... I was a wiz on BBC Basic :)

Back
Top Bottom