What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Python help needed

Mike Parkins

Site Supporter
Are there any Python programmers who might be able to tinker with a bit of code for me? I need to add a little extra functionality to the P-Roc highscore code on my Cactus Canyon and object-oriented stuff is not in my wheelhouse...
cheers,
mike.

What's needed? Not got much spare time and I'm not really a Python programmer but I can do most things so if it's relatively simple I might be able to help, though testing would be an issue.

If you can find someone with access to a P-Roc then that's a better option. Have you tried P-Roc forums/Reddit - that might be worth a go, especially if it's generic code that others would use.

Hi, thanks for replying. The problem I have is that many people play my CCC at the club but often walk away from it with a highscore/feature initials screen waiting for an entry but it never times out, with music playing endlessly. I asked the code auther Gerry Stellenberg but he says this was fixed only in later P-Roc/P3-Roc systems and doesn't want to backport the fix to my old P-Roc card. I will try Reddit as you suggest, I hadn't thought of that. The code is here in case you want to look... https://github.com/preble/pyprocgame/tree/master/procgame

cheers,
mike.

Not many comments in that code! (or commits)

If you can find a DIFF of the fix, it may just be a cut and paste but as he's talking about back porting it I suspect it needs something structural like timers/interrupts which is why it is a pain.

If that's the case, you need a PROC programmer who knows what your board is capable of and how that differs from the newer ones, not just a Python programmer, so I think you'll have to ask around in the PROC community.

I just mentioned this to Eric, the CCC programmer ( we're in touch as I'm a Rick & Morty beta tester ). He said it's a framework problem, but something he could hack in the gamecode....if he had time. So maybe ask him very nicely to add it to his to do list.

I actually asked him some time ago but nothing came of it, I know he is very busy so didn't want to bug him about it. I just wish I could get my head around OOP, since I find it easy to write traditional code... I was a wiz on BBC Basic :)

Back
Top Bottom