What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Python Anghelo....is he now too rad for pinball Art n design.?

pintableuser

Registered
5Years
Python's early carnival overhead play-field art had a way of placing you as the ball where you move rapidly from shot to shot around the board. The detail in his tiny figures and their amusing antics was individual and relevant to the theme. Features you don't appreciate till you have played his games.
He was part of The Perfect Team when he and Trudeau worked together on Bride of Pinbot. I love the Artwork, Sound, light, and simple game-play...... very very clever. .... Very few games tick the boxes in a way this one does....

Unique Back glass, Tick!
Unique Cabinet Art, Tick!,
Unique Revolving Head, Tick!
Unique Mini playfield, Tick!
Unique atmospheric Music, heart beat and voice, Tick!
Doctor Flash Light show, Tick!

Why have Stern and JJP neglected his talent ? Most of the other Bally/Williams/Data East designers are on their payroll now.
Innovation the Anghelo way would be memorable in many ways. His new art work shows he still has the magic,skill and talent for abstract thought......

Probably because they haven't needed him with all the licenced stuff they've done, Python needs freedom to express himself on non-licenced machines.

I think this maybe the golden-handcuff syndrome...... some designers adapt better than others, some tow the company line, some revert to time proven ways, some put in the 9-5. and some rebel by putting secret cows into the game

I reckon a more interesting question is why is the 'big' news we get from manufacturers about signing up some relic from the past. We had a good post about pinball innovation recently. Don;t get me wrong, I love a lot of the themes from the past, but if they want to innovate, it's time to sign up some new talent with new ideas (artistically, commercially and technologically). I'd be far more impressed with the creation of some new celebrities of the pinball world than employing another guy who's even older than me:)

...Or the turtle on Police Force

toitle.jpg

Full interview with Python in issue 3 of Pinball Magazine, coming soon to a newsstand not near you. Can't wait. :)

Back
Top Bottom