What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PUP's Southport Spooktacular!

PUP

Site Supporter
PUP added a new event:

PUP's Southport Spooktacular!

PUP, aka Hell's Belle 😜, would like to invite you to the Southport Spooktacular for a weekend of fun and competitions. 21st and 22nd October 2023

Saturday 21st will be a Max Matchplay competition, starting with practice from 10am and the competition at 11:30am. The competition will run to approximately 5pm with a break for lunch in between.

Sunday 22nd will be a Target Matchplay competition with a similar schedule - competition starting at 11:30am and running to approximately 5pm with a...

Read more about this event...

Forgot to mention - this will be registered with IFPA for WPPR points, and games included in the comps are (subject to change):

Black Knight
Jokerz
Monte Carlo
Banzai Run
Spectrum
The Shadow
Flash or Police Force
Gilligans Island
Indiana Jones (WMS)
Jurrasic Park (Stern)
Iron Man
Haunted House
Paragon
Wizard of Oz
Revenge from Mars

A few people have asked me about local accomodation, my friend's brother and his partner run 3 air bnb's, each with 3 bedrooms sleeps upto 6, links below, although any of the hotels in the town center would be suitable, im only a 20min walk/5min ride away from the center. People have said Enelles Hotel 21 on Stanley st was a good place to stay, plenty places on and around bath st and Leicester st, also there is also a premier inn nearby and travellodge too.

Oohh also forgot to mention.. jukebox tunes will be on all through (a varied mix of Rock, Halloween classics... and alot of ABBA 😉😆) for any dancers and i will be offering special halloween themed creepy cocktails but for those who dare...

Just discovered I really don’t know where Southport is. Saw the header. Thought “oh. I’m in the southwest that week maybe I could pop along”. Nope. Turns out it’s not very south at all 😂

Feeling more than a touch foolish after looking at a map.

Sounds great though.

just a quick bump as we still have 10 spaces left for each day. If you wish to come please add yourself in with the form in the earlier post.
Just under 2 weeks to go, registered players so far are as followes..
Both days.. Saturday only Sunday only
1) Ian Walmsley 1)Mark Glayley 1)Pete Bennett
2) Wayne Johns 2)Chris Granby 2)George Bennett
3)Paul Owen 3)Isaac Granby 3)Roy Smith
4)Steve Keilty 40Gene Aw 4) Jim King
5)Alan Irving
6)Steve Grey
7)Chris Miller
8)David Dutton
9)Cheryl Ellis
10)Andrew Ellis
11)Stewart Judson
12)Tim Knowles
13)Gareth Arnold
14)Diane Bush
15)Clive Bush
16) James Reed

I will provide Lunch and nibbles through the day but thinking about booking us into somewhere later for teatime before the night begins, im assuming most people doing both days are staying over, anyone on both days not staying over or not wanting me to include them in a booking? Just for an idea of numbers. Ta

SaturdaySunday
1Ian WalmsleyIan Walmsley
2Wayne JohnsWayne Johns
3Paul OwenPaul Owen
4Steven KieltySteven Kielty
5Alan IrvingAlan Irving
6Steven GreySteven Grey
7Chris MillerChris Miller
8David DuttonDavid Dutton
9Cheryl EllisCheryl Ellis
10Andrew EllisAndrew Ellis
11Stewart JudsonStewart Judson
12Tim KnowlesTim Knowles
13Gareth ArnoldGareth Arnold
14Dianne BushDianne Bush
15Clive BushClive Bush
16James ReedJames Reed
17Mark JohnsonMark Johnson
18Mark GraleyPete Bennett
19Gene AwGeorge Bennett
20Paul BarberRoy Smith
21Richard BarberJim King
22Jane Young

If people want to confirm their attendance in the thread that would be great. If you don't have the address then let Andy or myself know and we'll pm the details
Plenty of spots available for anyone that's been hanging on :)

Last edited:
Hi peeps
So were just short of a week to go now, all the games are set ready, decs are going up tomorrow, bought a few more chairs, a quick clean around through the week and all should be good. The original place I had in mind for food on the Sat eve was fully booked when I tried, but there is another place I had in mind. Iv attached 2 photo's of the menu, can the people staying Sat night let us know if they are happy with the choices there and if poss what they want as I will need to book it pretty quick. Its a place loved by locals, food has always looked and smelled amazing here when iv been in for drinks.
One other thing, hopefully the weather will play nice, although Paul G is loaning us his gazebo tent to cover the outside house to cabin area pls make sure to bring a coat incase its a bit cool as that will need to be our main socializing area when not playing. Cabin keeps warm and I do have a portable heater too along with plenty blankets if needed.
Look forward to seeing you all 🤗🤗

Attachments

• 20231014_211237.jpg
    20231014_211237.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20231014_211249.jpg
    20231014_211249.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 65
One other thing I should have asked is has anyone any allergies or special dietry requirement? Pls shout out now if so, planning to get the food shop in tmro

I'll be there and will eat almost anything - looks good👍

Any ideas on finish time on Sunday - there's a major national pub quiz starting at 7pm. Could do with getting back to Walsall by then. Beers all-round when I win

Any ideas on finish time on Sunday - there's a major national pub quiz starting at 7pm. Could do with getting back to Walsall by then. Beers all-round when I win
We said we would aim for around the same as the Sat about 4/5ish at the latest as some will have really long drives back. its a target matchplay on the Sunday so could be short if someone hits the target quick.

I play online quizzes plenty out there!good luck in the national quiz!

Back
Top Bottom