What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Prusa i3 Mk3s 3D printer

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Due to a new (and more expensive!) 3D printer due to arrive this week, I'm looking to sell my existing printer.

This was second hand to me about 3 years ago, having come back from Prusa after a service by them. I've used on and off since then with no real issues at all.
It was pre-built by Prusa themselves (not purchased as a kit).
The support if needed by Prusa themselves i am advised is excellent (though i cant personally comment as I have never needed to contact them!)

These are still one of the most reliable and easy to use 3D printers out there. I have just loved the way that i can switch it on, let it automatically level, and then just print. It does need the obvious bit of fettling on occasion (General maintenance), but fortunately its been very rare and I am advised thats one of the "joys" of 3D printer ownership!

It's showing 7h39m print time, which i know isnt accurate (see here : https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/ori...-software-help/total-printer-hours-incorrect/) - however i would guesstimate around 200 hours maximum, which for one of these is nothing at all!
I have just given it a service replaced the trapeziods, greased and repleased all bearings and re-calibrated. Run a print and all is good (see the below)....
I have also carried out the "bed levelling mod" as detailed here : https://www.rearvuemirror.com/guides/nylock-mod-for-the-mk3s just for added accuracy on the first layer :)

Included is Octoprint loaded on a Raspberry Pi (Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1), which gives remote access from any web browser on your network, and allows uploading of prints to either the Pi or SD card, along with status etc. Octoprint itself is a free download with the ability to add plugins to make your 3D printing life easier.

The printer :
IMG_1927.jpg

Bed test print (Shows first layer)...
IMG_1929.jpg

Here is a print from yesterday/this morning :

IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1940.jpg

Fortunately because it came pre-assembled, i still have the original box, so can ship in a built state :)

Print bed is generally in good condition - one or two marks on it due to previous owner, however hasnt cause me any issues - if it ain't broke....

Included with sale :
3D printer in box, with mains cable and filament holder.
Tool kit (including spare nuts/bolts, spare Trapeziod, Scraper, cable ties, allen keys, grease)
Raspberry Pi 4 with 16Gb SD card containing Octoprint. Includes Power supply for Pi.

Will post a video of it in action later today. Picking up box from my parents place tomorrow, so the earliest i will be able to ship is Wednesday/Thursday.

Looking for around £400 shipped to mainland UK. These seem to sell easilly on Ebay for £350 with no shipping and no Octoprint.
I'll throw in a partly used reel of PLA filament too (Colour to be decided!) once I dig some out to get you started :)

UPDATE : Price now £350 shipped to mainland UK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom