What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project given to a friend years ago

damo666

Registered
So being out of work gives you lots of time on the internet!! found a really old advert replied to it and well 400 mile round trip later I now own this!!
she's rough but all is there been stored for 19 years! duno if I should restore it, a good start for me as im all new to the repair side of pinball and as I seen there was only 625 made or move it on to someone that is into there EM's or what haha just thought id share

IMG_3260.JPG
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3262.JPG
IMG_3263.JPG
IMG_3264.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG

here's a pic of the road I had to travel upto the croft to get it glad I have a 4x4!!IMG_3259.JPG

I enjoyed my first and only EM project, there was something very rewarding in getting the switches to work correctly and bring some life back into the old girl.

What are your plans for it?

I enjoyed my first and only EM project, there was something very rewarding in getting the switches to work correctly and brings some life back into the old girl.
What are your plans for it?
Ye I think if I can get it all working first then ill maybe look at repainting the cab and back box, back glass I duno see if I can get a repro one (haha stop laughing!) then concentrate on the playfield looking forward to it :)

Ok slight update after being told nothing was happening when it was plugged I got the head on and plugged her in. she's definitely getting power as i got a nice shock from the coin mech switch!
after pressing the left flipper button she kinda came to life humming away but only 1 light on, tried all the pop bumpers etc nothing switched on and off again another hit on the left flipper button and she now has 3 lights and the kick out holes all seem to be working. A few pics and a vid made.

IMG_3293.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_3296.JPG

its gona be a good project for me to get her going :)

Great thread, I've fancied an old EM for ages (when I was a kid my Dad had a Gotleib Spin a Card in the spare room) and I used to love playing it - there is something satisfying about the more simply game play. I've chickened out of getting one so far as I know nothing about repairing them so interested to see how you get on. Good luck, really hope you get it going and enjoy working on it!
All the best, Mark

Looks like a lot of work, but what a buzz it'll be to get it working properly again.

thanks dude ye looking forward to getting my knowledge up and hopefully getting her up and running!

I have 2 old EM machines. Most of the initial problems were caused by corroded contact switches. You will likely find your pop bumper switches need cleaning (filing). Good resource for this at this link... http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean The cleaning piece is about 2/3rds of the way down the page.

thanks for the info dude :)

Great thread, I've fancied an old EM for ages (when I was a kid my Dad had a Gotleib Spin a Card in the spare room) and I used to love playing it - there is something satisfying about the more simply game play. I've chickened out of getting one so far as I know nothing about repairing them so interested to see how you get on. Good luck, really hope you get it going and enjoy working on it!
All the best, Mark

cheers yeah i don't know nout either but best way to learn in at the deep end!!
I have ordered an original schematics diagram from the states

wingdingschematics.JPG

well another update, hadn't turned this on for over a week my buddy was over last night and i plugged it in to show him that nothing was really working then this happened!!

goes to show take it out a damp environment after 19 years and a few weeks in a warm house and it wants to work!!

Result.
They where made to last back in the day. More so the old EM's they are near bullet proof.

Back
Top Bottom